Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-04-2006, 05:45 AM   #61
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey troll, open your eyes

You had to moderate your own post to "intelligent" that is some funny stuff. It's all image "bigdx" gotta look good.

Btw, I was doing 45 in a 40 in my truck this morning with stock exhaust. Good thing this isn't a "speeding" thread.

Have a safe 4th and pray they don't make being obtuse illegal next, you'll have nothing left.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2006, 06:09 AM   #62
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice story Bruce Â…

I would be real careful about pointing fingers at "morons" there big fellah' you tend to come off as a little on the dense side yourself, is every one from PA. as much an ******* as you?...

For example your slavish insistance that cruiser style bikes aren't the problem. Anybody that's been around bikes for any length of time can accept the fact that low RPM big bore twins put out much larger sound pulses than than small bore multi cylinder fours. It's simple physics, larger fuel/air volume per cylinder equals larger sound wave when it's ignited. At higher RPM's multi cyl. engines generate higher exhaust frequencies but typically at lower RPM's they are quieter because the fuel/ air mixture being ignited is spread over four smaller cylinders.

I know you have stated that you run stock pipes on your bike so I have to wonder why you take so much time and effort to defend an indefensible position....at least you're off the "I'm gonna screw every female member of your family on a dirty mattress" kick, still by deflecting the issue from loud pipes to "you're illegal too" arguments you show how weak your position is. A non-rider calling bikes "screamers" really can't be construed as meaning sportbikes because sportbikes typically don't travel from tavern to tavern in packs, and they typically don't ride around in populated areas. That is almost strictly a cruiser thing.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:24 AM   #63
bigdx
Founding Member

"would be real careful about pointing fingers at "morons" there big fellah' you tend to come off as a little on the dense side yourself"

So I am in good company with you Â…

"is every one from PA. as much an ******* as you?..."

I guess that statement may have some value if I actually "came from PA".

"For example your slavish insistance that cruiser style bikes aren't the problem."

Not sure where I was suppose to have insisted on that. I suggest you differentiate "would be real careful about pointing fingers at "morons" there big fellah' you tend to come off as a little on the dense side yourself"

So I am in good company with you Â…

"is every one from PA. as much an ******* as you?..."

I guess that statement may have some value if I actually "came from PA".

"For example your slavish insistance that cruiser style bikes aren't the problem."

Not sure where I was suppose to have insisted on that. I suggest you differentiate between your imagination and what I actually post

""I'm gonna screw every female member of your family on a dirty mattress"

Nah, I have some standards. I leave that to you as personal hygiene doesnÂ’t seem to be your strong suite.

BTW, Thank for your insightful view of motorcycling. Yawn

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:31 AM   #64
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

"It is medical fact that frequencies between 15Hz and 150Hz promote healing and humans (and most mammals) find them very soothing. A low revving 45 degree vtwin is much more liable to produce harmonics in this range than a high revving I4."

So, is that why every rehab clinic in the world uses ULTRAsonics, then?

What kind of logic do you subscribe to?

What denotes the crime? The 80dB limit. Until you actually break that limit, you have not committed a crime. It doesn't matter if your bike can reach 120dB at some rpm ranges ... if you drive in such a way that you never break that 80dB barrier, you have not broken the law. You might get harassed, but until that measurement shows up in court proving you have busted that barrier ... you are 100% innocent.

*Potential* to commit a crime is not the same as actually committing it. Of course, that's a fundamental of law, but I don't expect you do understand it, oh dim one.
Old 07-04-2006, 06:40 AM   #65
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

"Suite."

In the memorable words of Inigo Montoya: I do not think it means what you think it means.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:45 AM   #66
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: A Respectable Request From a Non-Rider?

Wow. I raise my rating limit to 0 and all of Bigdx's posts disappear, making this site considerably more calm, polite and respectful in an instant. I had given up on the moderation scheme here because I thought no one moderated.

Keep on moderating and we'll never see him again. It's not the same knowing that he lurks in the shadows, but like noisy pipes on a hog, when you don't hear, you don't mind.

Old 07-04-2006, 06:48 AM   #67
GHam
Registered Member

I've driven past Midland several times and I never heard anything,maybe he's just making this up.
GHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:04 AM   #68
bigdx
Founding Member

Actually the quote is as follows "You keep using that word. I do not think it means, what you think it means ..."

You do know what a$$hole means don't you, A$$hole?
Old 07-04-2006, 07:31 AM   #69
bigdx
Founding Member

"So, is that why every rehab clinic in the world uses ULTRAsonics, then?"

Quite a bizarre statement, as is the norm with you.

Ultra sonic sound waves are high frequency waves ranging from 20KHz to 200KHz, most certainly not the low frequencies I was referring too. But I do realize that one needs at least some semblance on intellect to grasp that, which is why you did not.

I was not aware that rehab clinics make use of "ultrasonics", but I do find quite interesting. Please elaborate as I am unfamiliar with treatment administered in rehab clinics.

"What denotes the crime? The 80dB limit. Until you actually break that limit, you have not committed a crime."

Nope, no crime is donated by an 80 db limit in the USA. Where do you live? Iran perhaps?

In the majority of states in the US, a vehicle is deemed not roadworthy if it exceeds 80db noise emissions during testing. Said vehicle is not roadworthy even if it is parked. Riding such a vehicle can be considered a crime (either a misdemeanor or felony depending on circumstances)

"You might get harassed, but until that measurement shows up in court proving you have busted that barrier ... you are 100% innocent."

Incorrect. A number of squids now ride the bus on testimony of individuals such as myself. A single 911 call from somebody complaining about you can get you a written warning and a mandatory defensive driving course in my state. Three calls and you have a suspended license.

Old 07-04-2006, 07:37 AM   #70
Fenton
Founding Member

First he spouts his limited motorcycle knowledge as fact then he moderates himself off the charts. It must be nice to have your own little world. I haven't been able to pin down if it's lack of experience, education or the perfect combination of both.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote