Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-04-2006, 03:08 AM   #41
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey troll, open your eyes

Sorry to disappoint, but I have no interest in what you do or do not do around town or anywhere else Â…

Your flawed and confused postulation that by making noise only when breaking the speed limits are somehow better than idiots making noise when keeping to speed limits is laughable.

If your exhaust SPL levels exceeds 80 db at any rpm you are illegal and you need get the f*ck off the road as you are spoiling it for everybody. Simply because somebody else may (in your infantile imagination) transgress more severely than you, does not serve as amnesty to you.

The idiots on vtwins know they are breaking the law, but morons such as you break the law and are under the false impression you are not. This is the same stupidity as the morons who break posted speed limits but somehow think they are not speeding Â…

I suggest you shut up and clean up your act Â…

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2006, 03:09 AM   #42
BillyO
Registered Member

Default Re: A Respectable Request From a Non-Rider?

Loud pipes,what loud pipes ? I`ve been riding for forty years and can`t hear anything.

And to think that my father told me that I was gonna go blind.
BillyO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:17 AM   #43
Cathar
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice story Bruce Â…

My my. Assuming that we are all transgressing without one whit of evidence. What do they say about making assumptions?

Not one section of my post was ever an attempt to justify the legality of one noise-maker over another. If they're over the legal limit, that needs to be rectified, sports bike, V-twin, or whatever.

The point here is that there is an increasing anger in the wider community over noisy bikes, and whether you like it or not, the bikes that people complain most about are the V-twins. Period. End of story.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:17 AM   #44
bigdx
Founding Member

"my bike can break the speed limit, but i'm legal when i don't"

I suppose you are trying to make some point.

"just like my loud in the canyons triple (yea england). "

I am beginning to understand why your government do not allow you to own firearms Â…

"of course on hd's one doesn't break the speed limit outside of school zones"

I do not break speed limits outside or inside school limits. I am most careful in school limits as I would hate to injure a child.

"so i can see why the point might be lost on you."

That makes two of us Â…

PS. Are most british riders morons like you?

Old 07-04-2006, 03:25 AM   #45
bigdx
Founding Member

"the bikes that people complain most about are the V-twins. Period. End of story."

From the article : "Have you been on South Saginaw Road on a sunny Saturday afternoon lately and had one of these guys blow by you?" and "I hope the next time you hear one of these screamers, you'll take a minute to call the police and report it."

Boy, youÂ’re a regular genius Bruce Â… I guess every sheep in the herd must be crazy for you.

Old 07-04-2006, 03:30 AM   #46
Cathar
Founding Member

No, reading through these responses is a mountain of discontent expressed by others here about the noise of the Harley clones. Reference other articles linked to on MO about the noise of Harley clones.

Sorry. Guess that I couldn't expect you to pull your head out of your own ass for more than one second to look at the bigger picture beyond one myopic point of view you so fatalistically adhere to.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:58 AM   #47
bigdx
Founding Member

Yep, a mountain of discontent expressed by individuals that are happy to admit they have loud pipes too Â… the very same individuals that believe breaking speed limits is not speeding. All whom should by right have their license suspended and motorcycles taken off the road.

"look at the bigger picture beyond one myopic point of view you so fatalistically adhere to."

And just what view other than the big picture I am supposed to be adhering too? And please, I have no desire to defend the concoctions of your puerile imagination. Please quote me in context or shut the f*ck up.

Old 07-04-2006, 04:10 AM   #48
Fenton
Founding Member

Default Re: Hey troll, open your eyes

You really are nothing more than a cantankerous little peckerhead. That is the response that everyone here would expect. I make a point that anyone, HD or sportbike, running exhaust that is obnoxiously loud is a moron. You choose to argue that;

"idiots on vtwins know they are breaking the law, but morons such as you break the law and are under the false impression you are not."

What law am I breaking.(to save you time, I've got stock exhaust on both bikes and the 3 before these)

I suggest you read up on Jim McCaslin, president & coo of HD, and his latest work on db levels with Harley. You might be surprised to learn he doesn't like the wrap of having the brand producing the most noise on the street.

Ok, that's all for now, big day the 4th, don't forget to iron the doo-rag and pick a shirt with a wolf or eagle on it. Go be an individual, Wild One.

Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:11 AM   #49
Tadgh
Registered Member

Default Re: A Respectable Request From a Non-Rider?

i maybe wrong here ..shoot me down in flames if i am....but arent motorcycles tested for conformance with noise regulations at a given engine rpm?

for example imports to europe for exhaust emissions are taken at a given rpm which is why you often find a flat spot on bikes around the 6-7000rpm over here

this is definitely true of enduro syle bikes notably yamaha wr250s which take a bit of owner interference to remove the restrictions incorporated into the bike to get it to pass the test....*strictly for closed course use !!* you have to remove spacers from the exhaust and that kind of thing

but back to the point is this the same for noise limits? ..that the manufacturer has to meet a standard at a given rpm? ..my suzuki gsxr 750 has a plate on it that says 92db at 6400 which i assume is the standard

and i know its definitely louder at higher rpm than this

so legally speaking my bike can often be louder while still being legal unless i change the pipe ......if this is the same in the usa then the arguement would hold true that your bike may be louder than the absolute limit once your end can is tested and passed to the standard ..which seems to be 92bd at 6400 for 750s at least
Tadgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:15 AM   #50
jasonlion54
Founding Member

Cruisers are illegal, while I-4's CAN be illegal, but only if the rider chooses to be. Just like speeding. Yes, both ***** off the public, but the I-4's not as often, so aren't they better for motorcycling (or less bad)? But I'm with you, and think that decibel limits should be enforced and loud bikes not allowed on public roads.

I'm not saying that every cruiser is guilty and every crotch rocket is innocent. Just that the cruisers are more often guilty of this particular offense.

Same as crotch rockets are more often guilty of speeding and stunting on public roads, which also hurts motorcyclists' image.
jasonlion54 is offline   Reply With Quote