Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
Loki22302
Founding Member

Default Re: A Respectable Request From a Non-Rider?

Ahh...I think a dude wrote the article. His name is Alan.
Loki22302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2006, 12:57 PM   #12
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Couple of bizarre posts ... again

Again the anti-harley crowd are spouting their mouths off, giving credence to the saying that empty vessels make the most noise.

After an article by Fred Rau was posted by MO, the only posters that actually admitted to riding with straight pipes were ricers. Not one Harley rider (that I know of) indicated that they use straight (or loud) pipes.

A couple of highly naïve individuals (all of them ricers) actually went as far as to say their pipes are ok because they are only "loud at high revs". A couple of numbskulls thought that their noisy pipes were ok because "my bike makes real power".

No, simply because your bike makes over 100 hp when it is loud, does not draw admiration from the public. And no, nobody is impressed that you break both speed limits and noise limits at the same time. They still consider you a noisy a$$hole and a danger to other road users. They are correct on both counts.

Yes, it is true a couple of riders are ruining it for everybody. Sadly, the guilty parties are so busy pointing their fingers at others that they are blissfully unaware that they are part of the problem.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:01 PM   #13
bigdx
Founding Member

Nah, we all know you have a small d*ck, the t-shirt wonÂ’t help. Go see a surgeon Â… and then try getting a real bike.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:04 PM   #14
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: noise level is following rise in engine cc's

"I hope the next time you hear one of these screamers, you'll take a minute to call the police and report it."

Sounds like the guy is talking about a Vtwin, does it d!ckhead?
Old 07-03-2006, 01:14 PM   #15
obandoj
Founding Member

Default Re: Couple of bizarre posts ... again

You are right on this one, pencildx.
obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:15 PM   #16
ksquid
Banned

You are so funny.. Everyone knows that 99% of all noisy bikes are cruiser riders mostly harleys..

Yours truly,

kRicer...

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #17
ksquid
Banned

LOL Pencildx man that's low obandoj... My wife uses that one when I have been a really bad boy.. Of course it's not true...Of course.. She wouldn't marry me if it was right?
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:18 PM   #18
schizuki
Founding Member

Not from where I'm sitting. It's only Harleys that are setting off the car alarms around here.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:19 PM   #19
schizuki
Founding Member

Damn, kpaul - you're actually right about something.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:38 PM   #20
chromeburn
Founding Member

Living in wonderful downtown Long Beach, California I can attest that 95% of the pipes that are ridiculously loud are big twin cruisers. Now, there are non-cruiser types with loud pipes but nothing of the audible power of the twins.

This is coupled by the fact that cruiser riders seem unable not to rev up or blip the throttle constantly.

Is it annoying? Yes. Will it really save lives? No. Is it bad for riders and bad for motorcycling? Yes.

Add to that, that almost without fail if I see a loud piped bike I see a rider with a t shirt, MAYBE jeans, and tennis shoes. The safety bug ones wear the all protective leather vest. Usually if there's a passenger, they're wearing their high impact spiked heel boots and definitely protective tank top. Skid lid is mandatory.

They may be a small minority but they're the ones who gather the (negative) attention. If I thought that local law enforcement would hassle them, I'd encourage them to hand out tickets by the ton, but local law enforcement here has better things to do, no idea what, but better things to do.

Modifying bikes is a fantastic little hobby. Lots of satisfaction to be gained from really making a bike "you". Volume doesn't make the bike "you" it makes "you" an asshat

chromeburn is offline   Reply With Quote