Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #111
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: A Respectable Request From a Non-Rider?

My Dad, staunch rightie and a firm believer that global warming was crap, walked out of that movie a believer. He is calling it the most important movie humanity has ever seen and is acting like a religious convert. He's selling his van and looking into a Yaris or a Smart.

I don't blame you for tossing it off. My ex was the head of the Western Canadian arm of the Sierra Club and she showed me legwork they had done tracking down the financing of over 250 'organizations' that all promoted the idea of global warming being bunk. It was neat to see all the ties (one guy was a director in over 70 organizations), payments from one to the other to another to hide where the money was coming from, the fake names to make them appear like enviro organizations (the Clean Air Initiative is an example).

Go find a book that openly slams global warming and they do some research on the author and anyone else involved in the book. Eventually, you find the money tie back to the industry if you look hard enough.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-05-2006, 10:04 AM   #112
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Default Re: Nice story Bruce Â…

Question: why is he here?

If you honestly suspect that bigdx is a fiction of KPaul's, then check the IP addresses for their posts and do a comparison. Same computer? Same ISP? Same geographical area? If you get enough info to make an educated guess, send KPaul an email to knock it off or you'll ban him again.

If nothing pops up and bigdx is his own problem ... ban his ass. He's costing you customers, guaranteed.

At bare minimum, change the forum settings (if you can) to stop someone from modding their own posts. We'll mod him out of existence and he'll spend 24 hours a day modding the rest of us down to his level. At some point, it will be too big of a pain in the butt and he'll quit modding us down. Then, we're done with the little gob****e.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:12 AM   #113
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Top 5 Google posts on the terms "subsonic healing" or "infrasonic healing" (excluding entries for the band Subsonic Healing) include the Nostrafon, a subsonic massager, but mostly include chi healing, psychic healling, a subsect of the Moonies run by one of the many descendents of the original Moon, etc.

If the benefits were unequivocal, they would be used everywhere just like ultrasonics.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:46 PM   #114
pdad13
Founding Member

Thrux, Sean does not work for MO any longer. He's now a proud employee of Kawasaki (you know, the evil company that makes those God awful, dangerous, spawn-of-hell "ricers"), so he's not responsible for rooting out the idenity of our resident malcontent. He's just a member like the rest of us.

I also seriously doubt that Dxhead is KP's alter-ego. He may be someone having a joke at our expense, but he's not KP. In fact, KP is starting to seem like our annoying, misguided but somewhat lovable little brother compared to Mr. Dx.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #115
Thruxomatic
Founding Member

Ah, thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about Sean's move. Sorry, Sean. I hope you enjoy the new job.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #116
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Couple of bizarre posts ... again

You're so smart ...
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:09 PM   #117
bigdx
Founding Member

Default Re: Couple of bizarre posts ... again

You're so strong ...
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:23 PM   #118
pdad13
Founding Member

It must be fun to live in your fantasy world. In the real world, even the authorities understand that certain speed limits are unrealistic and were imposed for reasons other than safety. In the early part of the 20th century, most roads had 5-10 mph speed limits. Perhaps we should just go back to those.

I don't condone the asshats that are doing outrageous speed on busy public roads. In fact, I'd say it upsets me as much as it does you. But speeding to a lesser degree is a fact of life in a lot of places.

Around here, (NY Metro) you'll rarely get a speeding ticket in a 55 unless you're over 75 miles an hour. Aside from the fact that it's often impossible to make any speeding charge stick that isn't at least 18 mph over the 55 limit, the normal flow of traffic on the highways often approaches 80 mph in non-rush hour conditions. A strict enforcement of the 55 mph limit would have large negative effects on the flow of commerce and daily life.

I know you live in Mayberry, but I invite you to come and ride on the Northern or Southern State Parkway (narrow, curving four lane roads with very short entrances and exits) during a moderately busy hour and attempt to adhere strictly to the speed limit without seeing your life pass before your eyes about 20 times. You'll have a number of SUV drivers flying up behind you at 20+ mph above your cruising speed and swerving four feet off of your tail. And if you stay in the right lane with those short exits and entrances, you'd might as well start making funeral arrangements, Sunshine.

Then again, you'd probably pull over and report every single driver exceeding the speed limit (99%). You'd only be there for, oh, eternity.

And to get back to the original point, my view on excessively loud pipes has little to do with the law. It's just obnoxioius and damaging to all of us, just like those idiots doing 100+ through traffic.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:41 PM   #119
pdad13
Founding Member

A well executed movie can make people believe almost anything. I would expect a lot of people to emerge from a viewing as converts.

As I remember from the 80's, global warming was supposed to have turned the climate of New York City to something like that of Daytona Beach by 1999. I'm still waiting.

The proponents of the popular theory of global warming have changed its symptoms a number of times in the last 20 or so years.

I'm not saying that global warming doesn't exist or that its causes aren't man-made, but when you remove the politics on both sides (including all of the front organizations), there doesn't seem to be scientific proof or consensus as to whether it's permanent or to its causes. When you look at how the theory is constructed, it leaves a lot to be desired.

As for the movie, I'll reserve judgment until I see it.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:19 PM   #120
The_AirHawk
Founding Member

Loud Bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt-yt...d%20motorcycle
Let them hate so long as they fear
политики предпочитают безоружных крестьян
Politicians Prefer Unarmed Peasants
Nothing to see here, Citizen. Move along now...
The_AirHawk is offline   Reply With Quote