Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-24-2006, 10:08 PM   #31
dylanmo
Founding Member

Default Re: VW Multivan Can Now Transport Harley-Davidson Motorcycles

1972 Honda CL350 5756.945235 for the win!

Also, I'm pretty sure a copyright doesn't need to be applied for, so I don't know what the "pending" part is for. Maybe you are in litigation over it? Or maybe you got copyright confused with patent? Naah, you "work" at Boeing, and I'm pretty sure that you are all hypergeniuses, so that couldn't be it.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-25-2006, 01:26 AM   #32
maxriderdon
Founding Member

Default Re: VW Jap bike hauler

Simple economics, 15~20 years service why not scrap the bike when you didn't overpay to start with.

HD has engine rebuild/swap program for a reason, you guys think 50K is a lot of miles. LOL

Ask yourself this question, if you can get a new motor for 6K just exactly what did you pay the rest of 10-20K for, a frame, some chome stick on dudads? Oh, wait I forgot you guys bought a lifestyle. That's what cost so much! LOL
Old 06-25-2006, 01:43 AM   #33
eojmo
Founding Member

Does'nt Harley already have their own rebranded Ford F series pickup for hauling thier bike around ?
eojmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:15 AM   #34
SuperBill
Founding Member

Default Why Ride When You Can Drive?

I still don't get it. Why on earth would anyone put a perfectly good motorcycle in a van or on a trailed inserted of riding it where they want to go. Must be something to it, though, 'cause I see it all the time.

Wonder if I could start a subscription website, "Trucks & Vans & Trailers for Harley's Online"? (TVTFHOL?) We could talk about chrome wheels and flames on trailers, the best ramps, and what kind of winch is best to haul the lead-sled up the ramp. We could cover lifestyle issues, like the different kinds of fingerless gloves and assless chaps you can wear while smoking and standing around looking at your trailer. We could review the best shops where you could get your Harley-hauler serviced (Tired of Greasing Your Own Trailer Hitch? TVTFHOL Rates 12 Shops that do the Dirty Work for You!)

I smell a buck hereÂ…..

SuperBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:16 AM   #35
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh, come on Buzz

No self-respecting Gen Xer would ever do it in a baby boomer vehicle. Don't forget I'm also a member of the ECOC and would never get it up in a hippy wagon like that.

Actually, I think I've only ridden in a VW Bus twice in my entire life. We had pimped out mini trucks when I was a kid.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:45 AM   #36
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: VW Jap bike hauler

I rest my case.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:39 AM   #37
Fenton
Founding Member

"We had pimped out mini trucks when I was a kid."

Yeah, I know, you're the same guys with the 22" rims on your Tahoe and a ducati in the garage

Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:41 AM   #38
pdad13
Founding Member

As you see, there are plenty of Harley riders here. They just have a sense of humor.
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:57 AM   #39
mii54ws
Founding Member

Another sales fart by the creative VW management; what's next, a "Multivan" with a hot house for growing pot enroute?
mii54ws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:05 AM   #40
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Well the Ducati in the garage is right buy my Toyota Tundra is still running stock rims despite my desire to run "Dub Dueces" on it.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote