Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Deja Vu (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/3687-deja-vu.html)

bigdx 06-22-2006 07:49 AM

Re: Deja Vu

sheep shears

Keeps Canucks cool in the summer ...

davidhaner 06-22-2006 07:54 AM

If the members on this board are the problem I take it you are using 'we' in the editorial sense.

stodd1111 06-22-2006 07:59 AM

The other "obvious" conclusion

It would be much safer for everyone if we just ban cars. That way, those of us who ride motorcycles won't have to worry as much about someone turning in front of us.

dmorga1 06-22-2006 08:27 AM

Lord, Seruzawa! What country do you live in? I am intimately familiar with DCFS in two states in which I have worked because of my mandated reporter status as a healthcare worker. While it's true that informants' names are protected (for good reason, generally), you really, really, really have to be doing bad things to your children to get DCFS to pay attention. We have never put much of a priority on child welfare in this country. These institutions are perpetually overworked and underfunded, and so you honestly have to be beating your child with a pipe in plain view to get them yanked. I've treated kids who were in danger of suffering further injury in their homes but could not get DCFS to do anything about it. You get a horror story on the news every so often about some kid the system missed. It's because the sensitivity of detection is so deliberately low. They simply do not have the staffing to investigate every claim. You can call DCFS all you like on your neighbor, but if they have no history with DCFS, chances are a caseworker may stop by and ask a few questions. . .eventually. The case would be unfounded and closed. Happens all the time.

BMW4VWW 06-22-2006 08:40 AM

Reading a libertarian rag like Reason? Postulating that big government may be the cause of, and not the cure for all of our problems? I'm sorry seruzawa, but you are too far out of the mainstream of political thinking to have a substantive conversation with.

Fenton 06-22-2006 09:39 AM

"You are probably too ignorant to realize you have just substantiated my post. While youÂ’ll laugh at us non full-face helmet wearers being forced to wear full-face helmets, IÂ’ll be laughing at you brightly colored power ranger crowd when the fastest sport bike available is significantly slower than a 250 ninja."

Speaking of ignorant, my post pokes fun at your us(un-helmet) againts them(helmet) attitude. Were both screwed, I won't be alive by the time "them" gets theirs, but it won't be long when your individual freedom that you copied from some B movie is gone.

bigdx 06-22-2006 10:26 AM

Your post makes reference to both un-helmeted riders and legislation of full-face helmets; full-face taken as to exclude half and 3/4 helmets. Maybe you need to re read your own post?

I am not sure how long you are going to be around, but current legislation already bans any and all emission influencing modification to any 2006 and later model motorcycle. With this in place, a horsepower restriction is not far away. I doubt the power ranger crowd has the gumption or the will to lobby as the anti-helmet legislation crowd.

So lets hope that at least one part of your statement proves to be incorrect.

Ps. I would much rather take cues for my lifestyle from a B rated movie than a puerile cartoon character.

Fenton 06-22-2006 11:58 AM

"Ps. I would much rather take cues for my lifestyle from a B rated movie than a puerile cartoon character."

Good job then.