Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-22-2006, 05:28 AM   #11
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Default Re: Deja Vu

I agree.
BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2006, 05:29 AM   #12
lwatcdr
Founding Member

Okay but only if they first outlaw tobacco products, alcohol, sex outside of marriage, and hand guns.

After you push those laws through and enforce them then you can start outlawing motorcycles.

This could be fun.
lwatcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:35 AM   #13
seruzawa
The Toad

Few people really stop to consider that the power they so freely wish to wield against others will be used against themselves at some point.

Do people really think that do-gooders empowered with the ability to intefere in the individual's right to self-determination can ever be sated? History shows that they cannot. The ability to wield power over the lives of individuals is very sweet to those who think they know what's best for everyone else. And they never stop, no matter how much destruction they cause. Look at the inner cities to get a clue. Do-gooders have done to black America what slavery and Jim Crow never achieved in 200 years. And they did it in one generation.
Old 06-22-2006, 05:36 AM   #14
Fenton
Founding Member

"Ironically, the majority of folks I know that ride helmet-less (and most I know that ride wearing helmets) will not be too concerned about 100hp or 100mph limits on bikes. I most certainly am not."

100 horses is almost a wet dream for the helmet-less folks. How about just full face helmets and a db limit on pipes?
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:44 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

All your cigarettes are belong to us!
Old 06-22-2006, 05:58 AM   #16
bigdx
Founding Member

Horsepower limits, db limits, speed restrictors, helmet laws … they are all coming. It would be naïve to believe they are not.

You are probably too ignorant to realize you have just substantiated my post. While youÂ’ll laugh at us non full-face helmet wearers being forced to wear full-face helmets, IÂ’ll be laughing at you brightly colored power ranger crowd when the fastest sport bike available is significantly slower than a 250 ninja. Try acting out your Rossi fantasy when a Toyota Pruis blasts past you on the road.

WeÂ’ll both be crying when motorcycles are banned altogether or restricted to such a level so that nobody can get any enjoyment out of it, but by that time we will be powerless to stop the well meaning politicians that try an save us from ourselves.

BTW, I believe there is a db limit on pipes already, but since I run stock pipes it has no relevance to me.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:02 AM   #17
maladg
Registered Member

Default Re: Minimize his chances of injury

Yo, gbrummett....need to read ole Jake again. He be in our corner, the freedom corner.

No matter if you be leftie (how sad) or rightie (a little better), REASON Mag will drive you nuts with liberterian POV.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:06 AM   #18
bigdx
Founding Member

"Few people really stop to consider that the power they so freely wish to wield against others will be used against themselves at some point."

If the members on this board are indicative of the average motorcyclist in the US, motorcycling as we know it is as good as dead Â…

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 06:23 AM   #19
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: UN Motorcycle Ban

..it's the United Nations...Bloomberg is a pawn.

Vote LaRouche in '08!
Old 06-22-2006, 06:26 AM   #20
BrowningBAR
Snuggles

Let's not forget the groups that want to ban:

Fast Food

Meat

Suburban sprawl

Cars

Knives (Including steak knives...unfortunately that isn't a joke)

Private Property

All Pets (viewed as animal slavery by some)

Air traffic

Fishing

Plus much, much more!

BrowningBAR is offline   Reply With Quote