Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-28-2001, 08:50 AM   #91
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Questions about the other 95% for Blip

Thanks for the response. I know it takes time to read and respond.

I was wondering, did something change in the feedback? I used to be able to MS-IE find option (control-F) to search for my posts on a page, to see if people had responded. That doesn't seem to work anymore.
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2001, 08:54 AM   #92
bmaxw
Founding Member

Default Re: Donate Today or Pay Tomorrow

I like your site very much, I'm will pay to receive it, but I am growing very tired of this

endless discussion. I realize that is a very important decision for the MO staff and owners

but if you guys keep sitting on the fence your going to end up with nothing but a crease on

your back side. Lets put away the "will work for donations" signs and go to a full pay site.

You have the talent, the work ethic, and a good business model so to hell with the nay

sayÂ’ers just do it, before you lose the lead you have on the rest of the industry.

Let me know when you are ready to post a subscription form and I will be the first to

subscribe.

Thanks, Bmaxw
bmaxw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 08:56 AM   #93
stevegrab
Founding Member

I heard about that little blurb in Motorcyclist, then read it for myself yesterday. But I never heard anything about them (Motorcyclist) starting a web site. Have they done that, or plan to do that?

If they have a site, what's the address?
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 09:05 AM   #94
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Why would I want to pay for a sight that just repeats what every other site has? You guys are always late with the news or donÂ’t even have it. I donÂ’t see any 500-practice times on here from the Valencia circuit in Spain. I donÂ’t see any news about John Kocinski signing a deal with Yamaha to test their new 500 GP four stroke. Or how about Alex Gobert replacing Ralf Waldmann. You guys just plain suck. As far as your 600 shoot out, you can get those for free on other sites also. You need to hang up your days of having a motorcycle website because I just donÂ’t see you guys making it. Not with the regurgitated crap that you guys put on here.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 09:09 AM   #95
neoyetif2
Founding Member

It sure is hard taking you serious with a name like BONGTOKER!

neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 09:24 AM   #96
BONGTOKER
Founding Member

Ya I know. If you read other sites though you will see where I am coming from. This site is always behind in the news or they just plan miss out on other stuff. There is so much more info on other sites that are free of charge so why pay. They canÂ’t even get a 600-shootout put together properly. It would pay if the site was good but itÂ’s not so I will keep my money.
BONGTOKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 09:24 AM   #97
blip
Founding Member

Default Re: Questions about the other 95% for Blip

nothing changed, it should work, unless MSIE can't search inside of HTML TABLES (browsers didn't used to be able to).

Soon, we'll write a user preference where you can "monitor" your posts, so you get e-mailed peoples' replies and can come back to respond.
blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 09:27 AM   #98
Lincoln
Founding Member

hey, thanks for the LECTURE. i forgot i wasn't smart enough to think for myself
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 09:47 AM   #99
neoyetif2
Founding Member

Oh come on, you are smart enough!

I should have put IMO.
neoyetif2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2001, 09:51 AM   #100
john
Founding Member

Default Re: The longer you stay away from pay, the better

I think he meant Financial Success, which Harley has achieved. This is proven by the fact that they took in more money this year than any other motorcycle maker. (Don't count Honda's cars division or kawasaki's Heavy Industries.)