Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-19-2006, 06:49 PM   #71
homeratseaus
Registered Member

Default Re: 'World's Most Beautiful Bike', says International Panel.

I hope Ducati comes up with something big soon (the 1400 sounds very tasty!!). If not, they are fast becoming a quaint motorcycle compared to the big four top offers. The industry needs a top Euro contender. Sorry, but BMW is still a rolling farce.
homeratseaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2006, 06:52 PM   #72
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Rigged

1460 or 1480 I get confused.. Math was high Verbal was so so .. Not surprisedly huh... English was always illogical to me.. Math, Physics were my true loves..Engineering just pays the bills. Once I complete my Masters I want to get a Masters in Physics quit work and teach at small college.... i.e semi retirement.. at age 55... Would love to teach at some of the small colleges in Colorado.. great skiing and awesome motorcyle roads..Washington State is ok but the skiing sucks and it rains too much.. great motorcycle roads though..

You sound like my dad. i.e.self taught.. In high school I had an ex-Mining Engineer as a math teacher i.e. he knew what we had to know for college..

ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:53 PM   #73
ksquid
Banned

Default Re: Quiz for seruzoowee

cupholders
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #74
schizuki
Founding Member

"1340 wouldn't get you into CU engineering school"

When? That was a pre-normed 1340. The norming added something like 200 points to everyone's score. That 1984 1340 would be a post-normed 1540. What was CU's requirement in 1984? (if you say "1340 wouldn't get you in", I assume you know the minimum score that would.)

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
schizuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #75
schizuki
Founding Member

Default Re: Quiz for seruzoowee

No, seriously.

Bill Clinton and Chuck Schumer are praising the Supreme Court for overturning an anti-gay-marriage law that they both signed.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:03 PM   #76
schizuki
Founding Member

"That 1984 1340 would be a post-normed 1540"

Let me take that back - it added 200 points to the baseline, but it doesn't follow that scores would go up 200 points up the line. Probably an asymptote or something. Let's say I would have had a 1400-something post-normed, not in the 1500s. I guess. This math stuff confuses me.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:17 PM   #77
schizuki
Founding Member

I'll give him the Hypermotard. And the Supermono. Both quite nice. But those are more than cancelled out by the sheer hideousness of the Supersports, the Multistrada, and the 999.

The Hailwood replica I thought was quite ugly. The Sport Classics? Hmmm. To me they look like uglier versions of the originals - he took the cues but lost something in the interpretation.

JMHO, obviously. YMMV.

Best-looking current-production bikes, IMO, off the top of my head:

Yamaha YZF-R6 and R6S.

MV Agusta.

Triumph 675.

Triumph Sprint ST.

HD Sportster 883R.

Moto Guzzi Griso.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:19 PM   #78
schizuki
Founding Member

"Only a bunch of "high IQ" idiots who can't see the forest for the trees could come up with such utterly stupid ideas."

Reminds me of a quote : "They're stupid in a way that only clever people can be."

Old 05-19-2006, 07:25 PM   #79
schizuki
Founding Member

"Sorry, but BMW is still a rolling farce."

Not since the R80 and the K75S of the mid-80s has BMW built something I wanted. BMW's today don't look like they were built, they look like they were secreted.

Old 05-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #80
dean_1
Founding Member

Well yeah! But can she cook?
dean_1 is offline   Reply With Quote