Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   'World's Most Beautiful Bike', says International Panel. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/3596-worlds-most-beautiful-bike-says-international-panel.html)

BMW4VWW 05-19-2006 08:11 AM

Re: 'World's Most Beautiful Bike', says International Panel.

What, no mention of the BMW K1200R? The contest was obviously rigged.

BMW4VWW 05-19-2006 08:13 AM

The 67 and earlier BSA Victors with the rounded fins on the engines were much better looking than the later square barreled design. IMHO

BMW4VWW 05-19-2006 08:18 AM

I heard that they wanted to include the 2001 ZX6r, but couldn't find one with enough charge in it's battery to ride to the photo shoot.

davyt 05-19-2006 08:25 AM

No, as always Burnsie, it's just you. :-)

I had a jones for a late 60's Chevy Malibu SS396 with the Cowl Induction hood, red with black stripes. Man, it was da bomb!

I saw one again recently and thought, "What the $#@&, that's not how they're supposed to look!"

Nostalgia is for chumps...

eekadog 05-19-2006 09:01 AM

er-6n = ugly

seruzawa 05-19-2006 09:10 AM

Dreams seldom live up to reality. I liked the early 70's muscle cars... and then my wife inherited a 71 Olds 442. We thought it was gonna be really cool and then got sick of having to spend so much dammed money fixing it that we stopped driving it at all. Those cars were utter junk. We finally sold it on Ebay to some poor sap who drove it back to Seattle. On the way home he had the oil changed at a JiffyLube and the idiots didn't tighten the drain plug and the engine burned up. Poor guy.

Those cars live best in the imagination.

ikonoklass 05-19-2006 09:26 AM

Agree with the selection of the hypermotard for best prototype. Can't wait to see it. I'd buy it if I didn't like my GS so much.

ksquid 05-19-2006 09:30 AM

Re: Rigged

LOL I actually like the looks of your Duc .. and the 998. There is a yellow Duc like yours in the parking lot every day ridden by an intelligent and atractive female engineer...There is also a Monster ridden by another female with similar attributes.. Does that mean your Duc is really a chick bike? Just kidding.. someone said she is really a good rider i.e. track rider..

johnnyb 05-19-2006 09:35 AM

what year did Z1 come with those cool stripes on tank? `74? i liked those. shiny spokes... that was a manly machine. and if anybody suggested u should start on a 250 you would just *****slap them.

SRMark 05-19-2006 09:38 AM

I dearly hate to admit this but this MO assemblage certainly has good taste. The list of bikes mentioned in the various posts is a great representation of the bike builders' art. It is also great to note that no one suggested the original BSA Rocket III (or its modern iteration).