Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #41
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: EU Laws to Put Brake on Bikers.

You're too kind, back in those days I had a '67 VW Beetle with a cassette player wired in and sitting on the floor. My friends and I used to drive up to Crytal Mountain and go skiing. I have many happy (though somewhat blurry) memories of chugging along through the snowy woods smoking wog-hemp listening to Kraftwerk....."fahn fahn fahn das autobahn" driving up to ski.....them and YES were good driving bands or Emerson Lake and Palmer.....

Jeez, that was a while ago...
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2006, 05:12 PM   #42
nesbit
Founding Member

What's notably interesting about this Euro proposal is the fact that, while on the surface it appears reasonable, it reflects the same failed intellect that infects so much government action across the political spectrum. And while this proposal demands complex analysis, which on so many levels would expose the sad paternalist agenda who's intent it is to crush individualism, seen by these statist elitists as some sort of dysfunctional personality trait, I would point out one item only. The % of cages to MCs would not show up on a statistical graph! But, by singling out a perceived and relatively powerless minority, the motorcyclist, while ignoring the wholesale license giveaway to an incompetent majority, the cagers, which they preside over, they can create the illusion that government is taking reasoned, aggressive action to do something about the massive death and injury statistics on our roads worldwide. Cynically, they are only too happy to collect huge revenues from these folks for the privilege of driving and can avoid offending them as they depend on them for their continued incumbency or appointment to office. An excellent parallel is the restriction to practical extinction of private firearms ownership in Euroland, by abusing the millions who will voluntarilly obey the law, while the criminal element laughingly ignores it. Can any of us imagine the ferocious anger, resistance, and economic chaos that would greet the announcement that ALL drivers would be required to comply with a similar training mandate? So long as we tolerate our conversion into an homogenized and emasulcated society of sheep by empowering a government structure that proposes irrational solutions such as this, we'll continue to have unfortunate and useless discourses such as this.
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:26 PM   #43
Fenton
Founding Member

$5 a gallon and $1800+ for a moto lic. Sounds like nirvana.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 07:28 PM   #44
kanani
Registered Member

That was well said.

Now if I didn't lose ten years of eyesight trying to find the line breaks.....
kanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #45
ksquid
Banned

Hey with your pal W running things I am sure the dollar will continue on it's downward slide.. $5/gal doesn't seem that far fetched..Deficits don't matter right .. yes they do...
ksquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #46
Tadgh
Registered Member

moto nirvana..the high price of petrol is mainly due to the governments' tax take of close to 50% on fuel ...however on the plus side you get to ride around some pretty varied scenery and roads ..get to all of the good rounds of moto gp and world sbk if thats your thing ...get all the bikes considered too eccentric for the US like sub 1000cc standards and trailies and europe is full of lovely europeans ..what more could you ask for ? gun laws?

Tadgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:56 AM   #47
bigdx
Founding Member

The devaluated dollar is a good thing a$$wipe. It gives local producers an advantage when competing against foreign producers.

Besides, high gas prices will make biodiesel and ethanol use in motor vehicles economically viable.

Oh I forget, your rants about biodiesel are just talk and no action. You do not actually believe in that sh1t as you ride gasoline burning vehicles only ... if you did you would at least own one diesel.

bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 05:57 AM   #48
Fenton
Founding Member

Next time I decide to walk 120 miles for 10 bucks, I'll let you know. Until then, go buy your evian for $20/gal.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:04 AM   #49
bigdx
Founding Member

Default George OrwellÂ’s 1984.

The UN and its incestuous sibling the EU government has a long-standing tradition of removing citizenÂ’s rights to choose. Saving the citizens from themselves.
bigdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:29 AM   #50
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: George OrwellÂ’s 1984.

Keep talking like that and I may learn to like you man.
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote