Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-23-2001, 12:32 PM   #61
hamatsu
Founding Member

Default Re: It's European..right ?

Ashole Martian,

Yeah, I'd much rather be talking about two idiot DJ's in California inciting people to do something utterly foolish to someone when it's legal in that state to do it. How's this for subject matter that you can relate to.....Let's talk about a group planting a bomb somewhere and exploding it so that loads of people die in one swoop. Better yet, let's make it common (2-3 times a year) just because of religious differences. Man, would you please find the hole you crawled out of an crawl back into it !
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-23-2001, 02:27 PM   #62
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Fer cryin

What happened to free speech, nothing, this is a perfect example of it. What you think these assholes can go on the radio and say what they want, but we can't post our comments about it?

You ever heard of inciting a riot? Libel, slander? These are not protected under free speech, sure you can say what you want, we can't stop you from speaking your mind, but you can be punished if your words cause harm to others.

Another example of this is threatening people. You can do it, but if that person is hurt, you are immediately a suspect. Of if the person being threatened is important (like say the President of the USA), you could be punished just for making the threats (not sure, but it might be against the law to make a threat on a public officials live).
stevegrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 02:40 PM   #63
Dirtbiker
Founding Member

Default Re: DJs Tell Motorists to Hit Cyclists

I think that the frustration comes from 'psycho' bikers trying to lane-split or even pass within the same lane as the car. This is much more frustrating than having someone pass you at whatever speed in the next lane. I fall somewhat between the people who think that the two DJs should be executed and those who think that they should not be punished at all. I think that the radio station is doing the right thing. I myself have harbored thoughts like those when I've seen a biker acting in a stupid way. We often forget that most people who post on these forums are somewhat more responsible than many riders on the street. I've seen motorcycles turn left from the wrong lane in front of cars, I have seen them cut through traffic thick enough that cars would not be able to(this is wrong because if the car driver has any inkling of the difference between cars and motorcycles, they will slam on thier brakes as soon as the bike gets dangerously close to their front bumper, since the car driver knows that in any panic situation, they cannot possibly stop their car as fast as the motorcyclist can stop, therefore, CRASH!). But back to the opening car doors: I detest lane splitting and here is the reason: we expect drivers of cars to leave a lane of traffic to us and to watch for us as they would a car, but then those of us that split lanes are not giving them the same priveledge that we demand. (Damn those selfish drivers!) Therefore why shouldn't they turn in front of bikers and pass us without changing lanes? If we are confident enough in our own abilities to claim that we can drive between two lanes, shouldn't we be flatter(n)ed that they are confident enough in our abilities to avoid them and all the inconsiderately dangerous things they do? I say don't lane split and the door that opens up will not hit you! Yeah, I know this is long as hell, and partially off topic, but oh well.
Dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 02:41 PM   #64
stevegrab
Founding Member

Damn, you are one hilarious person. Please keep posting as often as possible. I can always use a good laugh.
Old 02-23-2001, 02:45 PM   #65
stevegrab
Founding Member

Default Re: Free Speech? NOT!!!

Great speech, I wish I had read it before I read pplasm's post. I could have just told him to read what you wrote.
Old 02-23-2001, 03:08 PM   #66
Team_FAST
Founding Member

I think that their punishment should be to force them to ride motorcycles to and from work for 6 months. In the winter rainy season. During rush hour. On a Suzuki GN 250.

Team_FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 03:12 PM   #67
Team_FAST
Founding Member

Actually, he originally said "fat boy" so maybe he was referring to Harleys. Hey wait, that means he'd be Harley bashing! Run for cover!

Team_FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 03:14 PM   #68
lanesplitter
Founding Member

I am a motorcyclist, who commutes to work in the Bay Area. I split lanes, and will take legal action against KSJO Radio station and both of the DJs who are employed by KSJO, if I am hurt by a motorist. Please consider this action yourself in the event of any misfortune caused by this hate crime.
lanesplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 04:14 PM   #69
ArtOfTheMotorcycle
Founding Member

What these I-hate-lane-splitters morons don't realize is 1) it's safer, and 2) it benefits everybody, them included.

Hurt found that lane splitting is slightly safer. When some state legislator (I think it was Barbie Boxer) introduced a no-splitting bill 15 years or so ago, the first groups in the door to testify AGAINST it were the CHP and the MSF.

They forget that by in effect opening up a motorcycle lane, lane-splitting reduces congestion for everyone.
ArtOfTheMotorcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2001, 04:20 PM   #70
Dirtbiker
Founding Member

Default penalties including execution

Apparently you are right. I have read many comments on this web page ranging from recommending the grisly death of the two DJs to mounting automatic weapons on motorcycles to kill all offensive automobile drivers. This is a public forum similar to the radio station, just not as widespread. So yeah, it must be ok to advocate penalties including execution.
Dirtbiker is offline   Reply With Quote