Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-17-2006, 07:48 AM   #21
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Another 'Great'' movie on the way!

Same hear in Sacto. Quail hunting outfit? Cheney won't be around will he?
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-17-2006, 07:54 AM   #22
Tigercub
Founding Member

Oh God, not another Tim Allen movie. Peter Fonda wasn't available?

I'd rather see this movie with Bernie Mack and Billy Bob Thornton or Cedric (the entertainer?).

OK wait, how about two of the Hell's Angels are Robert Redford and Paul Newman (Butch Cassidy and Sundance... get it?).
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 12:21 PM   #23
LiionsRest
Registered Member

Ick. Maybe.

Although in the right mood, I don't mind the comedy of the 3 big names, their mere presence is almost guaranteed to reduce this to a schticky, cliched, steaming pile. Chock (Jock) full of mugging, hamming, and groaningly contrived slapstick.

Personally, I think a much better approach would be like "Harold and Kumar go to White Castle". That movie was funny as hell, with fairly unknown actors. Since they weren't Hollywood 'icons' the producers didn't have to fill the movie with any 'trademark comedy stylings' audiences expect from the well known actors.

So, I'm 99% sure they're going to end up turning an intersting plot into a bit of disposeable fluff. It depends on who's in charge of the levels of schtickyness... If they tone down Tim Allen to levels found on "Galaxy Quest", and the other 2 similarly , it might actually be good.