Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #11
Fangit1
Founding Member

Default This has nothing to do with safety.

This is purely a spiteful, mean-spirited attempt by SUV-driving fat-cats with too much power to punish people without much power. This has nothing, zero, nada to do with safety.

These snobby burecrats just can't bear to see, what they consider as second-class citizens, zooming up to the front of the queue at every traffic light.
Fangit1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-11-2006, 02:03 PM   #12
jpp
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah, well...

A modulating headlight is 50 state legal - I can provide the you the cite to the fedral regs it you need to fight a ticket.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #13
jpp
Founding Member

Default Re: Yeah, well...

Here is the cite <a href="http://tinyurl.com/8zzta">http://tinyurl.com/8zzta<a>
Old 01-11-2006, 02:25 PM   #14
gear_head
Registered Member

Default Re: Bikers fight lane splitting ban Down Under.

Hmmm...I'm a NYC-boy soon moving down to Charlotte, NC. I've lived in Manhattan for 6-1/2 years and have ridden in the metro NYC area for almost 11. I've lane-split through most of this time and certaintly while I lived in the city and I've never had an incident like you described (I have to admidt I feel like knocking on wood when I say this). The most was maybe a comment here and there. I wonder if people in Charlotte would react in the way you describe? Unfortunately, my instinct leans toward yes. Maybe because they are not used to it, that sort of thing. It's stupid of course- some kind of wierd territorial thing (kind of mean like you said). I'm going to have a hard time not doing it when/if traffic is heavy (the only time I basically do it here). Anyone from the area who can enlighten?
gear_head is offline   Reply With Quote