Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Biker back from world odyssey. (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/3194-biker-back-world-odyssey.html)

longride 12-19-2005 11:59 AM

Re: Biker back from world odyssey.

I'd love to do a trip like that. Maybe one day.........

teknoman 12-19-2005 12:08 PM

And let,s not forget,weather conditions,politics,health related problems,bike problems,and 80 grand of his own money,no sponsorship,.Toyota does a fake commercial carrying around what looks like supposed amazon or rainforest indians,around a supposed"jungle"while at the bottom of the tv commercial,it says professional driver on a closed track!Yet some people will rush out and buy it!This guy,s my hero.I would love to read at least a condensed version of his trip.Hell,I,d buy the book...

Buzglyd 12-19-2005 01:10 PM

Start at my house and when you get back I'll make the carne asada.

maxriderdon 12-19-2005 01:56 PM

I'd be happy if I just had that kind of time and $ to blow.

eojmo 12-19-2005 02:28 PM

I congratulate Mason on finishing his marathon trip safely. There are many hundreds of people from numerous countries and walks of life doing the same journey every year, and most usually return home with a positive view of the world. They realise that political and cultural differences aside, the average person on the street is pretty much the same the world over. There are good and bad people everywhere. A trip like this can free the spirit and enlighten the soul.It can release you from the world of myths, demonisation and paranoia created by corporate media. And what better way to do it than by motorcycle.

wwalkersd 12-19-2005 03:58 PM

Two UK movie actors went around the world, with a support and film crew in chase vehicles, and look at all the attention they got! You'd think nobody had ridden around the world before McGregor and Boorman!

Robert Fulton Jr. did it alone. In 1932! Any number of people have done it since then (and maybe before, I dunno). Some wrote a book and got publicity (Ted Simon and Greg Frazier come immediately to mind), lots didn't.

ValkBandit 12-19-2005 05:38 PM

wow ... i wanna know who among the above smart ass cynics has made the trip. if not ... shut TF up.

Dangerousdave_2 12-19-2005 09:35 PM

Many years ago. my wife and I went on a tour of the West on a Suzuki 500. We had a one burner stove, and a pup tent, and thought ourselves pretty damn adventurous. In Colorado, we met up with a couple even younger than us, that were doing pretty much the same thing as us on an old BMW. I asked them where they lived, and they both pointed to the BMW.

dougbrown 12-19-2005 09:38 PM

What an odd comment. Of course it's a "story," that's why it was in the newspaper. Was there a story in the newspaper about you the last time you went for a motorcycle ride?

teknoman 12-20-2005 05:13 AM

I,ll bring the cervezas and pico di gallo