Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #31
Founding Member
Default Re: Motorcycle Rule Makes No Sense.

Don't Canadians know how to split lanes. Just because you're not an HOV doesn't mean you're stuck in traffic.
Brent_Meeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Old 12-05-2005, 05:09 PM   #32
Founding Member

Yes, we know how to lane split and have done it myself. The problem is that it is technically illegal.

I've had people put there car into the curb to prevent me from coming up the right hand side to turn right. Pure vigilante behaviour. And that's just the stationary traffic.

Passing between two cars on the move could be considered and ultra extreme sport. I swear a few people nearly had heart attacks, and I was passing between two relatively offset cars, in top gear at a quick pace but no where near flat out.

Basically, people don't expect it, and Canada has it's share of 'road rage'. And don't forget the portential for them to swerve into you.

Unless it's legal, at which point people will just suck it up if you scare them, your taking your chances.

Then there is the Police. No chance of being shot, but if you get the wrong cop, you'll get the book thrown at you. So, at that point you can stop and take your chances, or pin it, at which point, (as far as I know) most cops in Canada won't even bother with you.

Like I said, we aren't very progressive when it comes to things like this. Government know best don't you know...

fireworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #33

Default Re: Motorcycle Rules made of leather.

Taste the whip, now bleed for me...
A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
mscuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 05:34 AM   #34
Registered Member

Mark Richardson didn't make a good argument. A motorcycle may be shorter than a Smart car, but a motorcycle still requires the same amount of space in front and behind for safety purpose. The differences in length between a motorcycle and a normal passenger vehicle is insignificant comparing to the safety space.
julie2alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 07:51 AM   #35
Founding Member
Default Re: Rebuttal

Like the US has a car company worth claiming...

The labor unions are going to eventually drive all of ours out of business anyway.
jeffs is offline   Reply With Quote