Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 11-12-2005, 06:23 AM   #31
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: impound the car, force them to walk home

I agree, confiscate the car and auction it off to pay for the cost of prosicution. No plea bargains, no "my spouse needs the car for work". ***** 'em up the ass, if they want to jepordize my life and the lives of everyone around them they can buy a bicycle or ride the bus.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2005, 06:31 AM   #32
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Getting Rid of Drunk Drivers

The guy that hit me on my Trophy was on a suspended license. License suspension is a joke, do you really think it's going to stop some selfish ***** from driving?

The answer is to confiscate the vehicale and sell it. They do property siezures for drug trafficing, why not drunk driving? If you want get drunk then stay home or use a designated driver or call a cab. A glass of wine or a drink with dinner isn't going to get you a dui, anymore than that and you don't belong on the road.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:35 AM   #33
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Calling BMWVWW

Well there you are, I thought you gave up on this. Were you busy pushing the Suzuki home or something?
Old 11-12-2005, 11:42 AM   #34
Gluge
Registered Member

What about driving sober? then? why is that acceptible? that is doing something that threatens to harm others... why is it ok ? who drew this line?

- just pointing out your logic is pretty flawed as it would put driving on the unacceptible side of your line...

#867 Barrett Meeker Racing
Gaerne - Regina - Shoei - Bridgestone
-----------
Supervisor - Blur Studio

Endorsed by Longride - "Of course your points are unarguable. You are the smartest guy in the whole world ... What you really taught me is how little I really know about motorcycles and how much you know. Yes, you are the best and the smartest."
Gluge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #35
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Excellent Point

I like your idea better sarnali thanks...
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:37 PM   #36
gforces
Founding Member

Default Said lanes would need guardrails on both sides

and an automatic sweeper to clean up the mess after an accident, so the rest of us wouldn't have to deal with it.
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:42 PM   #37
gforces
Founding Member

Default The system sucks

I went to traffic court for speeding over 100 mph, of which I pleaded guilty to and apologized to the court. Despite my very clean record, I was fined 1g, got two points on my license, and have to attend a stage 3 traffic school.

The guy that went before the judge before me crossed the red light and caused someone's DEATH as a result -- fine: $135 (reduced from $350 without even asking).

SHeeeeeeeeyIIIT!
gforces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #38
crevans
Founding Member

That's why driving isn't a RIGHT and why you are required to be licensed.
crevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 04:04 PM   #39
conchscooter
Founding Member

As with all crimes comitted in this country there is a strong emphasis on the severity of the punishment. Politicans line up to vote for mandatory this and that every time a crime makes the headlines. While this post sounds like an urban legend in the making (the boot camps "in Europe or somewhere") I believe crimes are reduced by a strong police presence. Criminals aren't concerned with the level of the punishment; they are more likely to be put off by the presence of an officer. Do you try speeding when you see an officer in your mirrors?
Old 11-12-2005, 04:43 PM   #40
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Calling BMWVWW

It got too boring seeing the same sheeple spend too many bytes justifying their greed-based need to override other people's right to self-determination.

I'm in SoCal doing fun things. The bike sure wheelies easily at sea level compared to the usual 4500-10000 ft altitudes I'm used to.

The gas formulation really sucks though. I lost power after the first fillup of SoCal gas compred to the stuff I had in the tank from Utah. How do SoCal people stand it?