Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 09-21-2005, 12:53 PM   #31
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Purity of essence

Yes, but this modern China is not the same animal as past commie dictatorships.

Historically China has kept within it's own boarders, content to work within it's own sphere of influence. But modern China has huge problems, such as overpopulation and a horribly spoiled environment.

As we've seen China has become a kind of quasi-commie state, embracing capatilist ideals and making them work alongside the portrats of Marx and Engles. And it needs lots more room.

We didn't see an inbalance of trade like this with the former hard like commie Soviet Union, and since they eschewed anything that could be construed as "capatalist", it proved to be their ultimate undoing. They didn't "evolve".

No, the Chinese have blended both forms of government very well, me thinks.

But you can't expect a bunch of ignorant peons to understand anything as complicated as the B-52. oops, sorry...

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 09-21-2005, 12:54 PM   #32
Pacer
Founding Member

Default Re: Chinese in. Italians out.

Always truth in a joke.
Pacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:15 PM   #33
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Purity of essence

Enopugh of this fruitlessness. How's the Buell runnin'?
Old 09-21-2005, 01:41 PM   #34
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Whirr...rumble...tick...clank...

Phew, runnin sweet. Got 190 miles on it so far, breaking in real nice. Getting super gas mileage. Seems kind of lean though (Kalifornia Uber Allis).

Of couse I've got to get use to a whole bunch of new sounds from that motor. Kinda sounds like a feed-grinder sometimes. A fast super handling feed grinder.

I dig it. After riding that old Kawacker for so long, it's like going from a Cessna 150 to an F16.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:54 PM   #35
drthompson65
Founding Member

With the Dollar vs Yuan I hope the price is better..
2004 Ducati 999 Mono Yellow (Wrecked May 06)
2006 Ducati 999S Mono Black (Replaced Wife June 06)

1972-2000 A collection of mini, dirt, and road bikes to vast too list..
drthompson65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:57 PM   #36
clively
Founding Member

Default Re: Whirr...rumble...tick...clank...

which buell did you get?
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #37
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

As the Yen did several years ago Yuan will appreciate dramatically to compensate for our trade deficit, if left to float freely.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 05:14 PM   #38
mghempel
Registered Member

Don't sell the Chinese short. Chinese attitudes to quality are changing rapidly and dramatically. They aren't at Japanese levels, but they are certainly able to put the Italians to shame if they wanted to.

Why do I know? Well, I've been professor in Asian business schools for over a decade, and the one thing I've learned is to never get too confident that I know what the Chinese can, or will, do.

As to another comment about Chinese understanding merchandising (sales), but not marketing. That, too, is changing, and much more rapidly than most Western business people can ever imagine.
mghempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 06:37 PM   #39
nesbit
Founding Member

I don't want to get on a rant here, but it's bad enough we can't find basics any longer that don't say "made in China". Do we really have to pump-up the Chinese economy by starting to buy luxury items like motorcycles from them, as well? Everything we buy from these clowns drives-up our foreign debt and heats up their economy, which in turn drives-up our cost of living - gas prices for example. Yes, I understand the theory here - we'll topple the threatening communist regime through Western "capitalization". Really? Weren't we better off when they were isolated behind the bamboo curtain. And, of course, the Benelli board of directors must be laughing all the way to la banca to convert their yen to dollars. I respectfully suggest that we are arriving at a point where every purchase warrants pre-evaluation on its US political and economic impact. Afterall, that is exactly what are Chinese friends are doing - pre-determining what US products will be allowed into their country - all to our disadvantage. And that in spite of recent extended favored nation status parity being blantantly ignored by them on a daily basis. Let's send them a message and boycott Benelli bikes. That'll teach'm.
nesbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 07:44 PM   #40
dylanmo
Founding Member

so captain_1 is a joker is what you're saying. I'm right there with you.
dylanmo is offline   Reply With Quote