Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 08-11-2005, 09:55 AM   #21
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: How do we get'm to build what we want?

The funny part is the Gov can stay out of it. The MSF here can run a person through a course, and then all he needs to do at the DMV is fill out the paperwork. It's already in place. All they need to do is extend the program with some bucks. Pretty simple. Trained and licensed by motorcycists. The MSF courses are so popular, it's almost impossible to get in a class. Just give them the money to do it right.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2005, 10:07 AM   #22
Hutchinator
Founding Member

Default Can u be more specific?

Personally I'm resonable happy with the American market, not perfect, but what is? I would mind more along the lines of the Firebolt to give me a couple more options, but I see it happening in time.

What exactly are you hoping for? Do you want a Japcrap-like bike, just built in the States by an American company? Or are you hoping for something else? That market already has enough cookie-cutter bike, so I can't see why add another beyond patriotism.

Granted, given the choice, I'll pay a little more if I know the money will go to an American company. But, I think Ameican companies are on a better track than the Jap bikes with thier super-revvy engines. I like having torque in the low and mid range to pull from the get-go and be able to cruse at less than turboprop RPMs.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #23
maladg
Registered Member

Hey, JP. Longride is right you know and not at all inconsistent.

I belong to a couple of professional societies - for the letters after my real name. They do a dammmed good job at policing their own. (should I belong to a society that would have me as a member? Hmmm. Now who did I crib that thought from? Hmmm)

Heck fire, while we are at it, privatize NASA too. If we had the stones to do it, we'd have a colony on Mars in 20 years.
maladg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:19 AM   #24
Tigercub
Founding Member

The shuttle's no C130.
Tigercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #25
Tigercub
Founding Member

Because there's nothing you can do with that jap-*****. 30 years from now I'll be able to buy any part I need for my '92 FLHS.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:23 AM   #26
maladg
Registered Member

Good one! I was born in the same yr as the C-130. I live about 3 or 4 miles from the factory. I was at the end of the runway (on the side of US 41) the day the first C-5 Galaxy flew.

Ahh, what memories. I used to be the only kid in class who's dad DIDn't work for Lockheed.

Privatize NASA and we'll have regular private shuttle launches in 5 years or less.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:23 AM   #27
edward44
Founding Member

Default Re: Can u be more specific?

Uh, it's git-go.
edward44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:28 AM   #28
maladg
Registered Member

MO, hows about a guest editorial or article from an industry analyst...someone who actually knows not only what sells but why what sells sells and to who it sells, etc.

Well? Looks like us Morons have lots of interesting, clever and occasionally well considered opinions. But inquiring minds want to know: do we have even a clue?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #29
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

How will you finance a privatized shuttle? By using it to launch satillites. Rockets do that cheaper.... I guess we could sell tickets to people like Oprah. The government is the only thing that can finance it. Private contractors maintain it now anyway and NASA dramatically reduced the staff... I don't quite know what you mean by privatize it..
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #30
Tigercub
Founding Member

Default Re: Go ask Triumph if it can be done?

You're both wrong. Triumph was smart to go head to head with the big 4. They found out precisely, what they can do, are willing to do and what the market wants of Triumph.

...and that did not include building 4 cylinder motorcycles and go racing in the Jap 4 spec races.