Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Los Angeles Wants to Destroy Your Motorcycle (https://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/2947-los-angeles-wants-destroy-your-motorcycle.html)

sportbikebandit 07-25-2005 10:08 AM

CCTV is a deterrent though

Yep I hear you about the CCTV. However, we put a camera up at our house, because of vandalism. No doubt the GPTB was to blame. :) Any way the camera works great. No more problems. In Seattle folks are not opposed to surveillance cameras at bus stops etc. When we had the WTO riots, traffic and bank cameras were used to prosecute law breakers... I think CCTV will become more acceptable if we get more terrorism attacks...I guess I am torn on this one...because cameras are such good deterrent..

BMW4VWW 07-25-2005 10:10 AM

Re: Los Angeles Wants to Destroy Your Motorcycle

One might wonder if much more of this idiocy goes on, how long will it be before Bush starts blaming the terrorists for hating us for our tyranny? VWW

BrowningBAR 07-25-2005 10:14 AM

Re: Welcome to Washington, now go home.

The same can be said of Arizona. It was a nice place until the Californians wondered through like drunken sailors...

pplassm 07-25-2005 10:33 AM

Someone once said "When given the choice of giving up liberty for perceived safety, the voting public will always choose giving up freedom." or something like that.

This seems like a good case of that.

DaveFla 07-25-2005 10:36 AM

Repeal the 19th Amendment before it's too late! ;-)

mscuddy 07-25-2005 11:22 AM

Hello? It already has.

With potholes the size of continents and everything from sewer pipe to sofa beds strewn about Los Angeles' streets and freeways you'd better be riding a sub $1,000.00 rat bike, or pay the price. Who cares if they confiscate it? Might be doing society a favor.

BTW a buddy's ST4 got knocked over in a RalphÂ’s parking lot, it only did $1,500.00 in fairing damage. Didn't even put a mark on the bumper of the 'burban that did it.

If that would have happened to my old rat Kawi, it might have improved the looks. Give it that "edgy" look. Mad Max and all that.

mscuddy 07-25-2005 11:26 AM

Re: What About Organ Grinders!!!

And what of the organ grinder's monkey? Free the monkey!

longride 07-25-2005 11:42 AM

If we can't blame the libs for this law, I think we have em on THIS one. JB's gonna hit the roof.

pudlepirate 07-25-2005 11:45 AM

well, thats a tough one, on one hand I am pissed about the cops and their cowboy use of force (unwarented @ that). However, with as ansi as the bobies must have been with the current events (eight bombs in two days?)one acidental shooting is well under par for the course. hell, here the cops shoot "suspicious" people all the time. tragic? yes, but sh** happens.

bbtowns 07-25-2005 11:54 AM

Re: What About Organ Grinders!!!

Well Fox news says the Liberals caused the demise of Hurdy Gurdy men, and it must be true 'cause I saw it on the TV!

Wish people would quit mixing politics and motorcyling, the flash point is so damn low (your comment was pretty funny though Gabe).