Motorcycle Forum

Motorcycle Forum (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/)
-   MO vs. World (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/)
-   -   Los Angeles Wants to Destroy Your Motorcycle (http://www.motorcycle.com/forum/mo-vs-world/2947-los-angeles-wants-destroy-your-motorcycle.html)

tomk2 07-25-2005 07:35 AM

Re: Welcome to Washington, now go home.

Actually I was just thinking about taking some more equity out of my little suburban CA ranch house (say another $500K or so) and buying a couple nice little places in some out of the way corner of Washington or Oregon or Idaho.

Owning CA real estate is like having a license to print money.

seruzawa 07-25-2005 07:36 AM

Re: Los Angeles Wants to Destroy Your Motorcycle

You're right Martin, but you're ruining all the fun.

sportbike_pilot 07-25-2005 07:37 AM

Re: What About Organ Grinders!!!

Naw man, I already told ya, the ones with the white hair were sheep.

seruzawa 07-25-2005 07:42 AM

I've got lots of "antiques" to sell you, Buz. You may call them "antiques" in SoCal. Here, we call them "junk".

sportbikebandit 07-25-2005 07:53 AM

Re: What About Organ Grinders!!!

LOL, good one....

travisyoung 07-25-2005 08:11 AM

due process?

Abe_Froman 07-25-2005 08:16 AM

And the cops, being government employees themselves, get a better hearing with lawmakers than do the average citizen. Something is very out of whack when supposedly "conservative" voters see nothing wrong when government lobbies itself to further restrict the behavior of private citizens and increase the scope of it's own power.

Just further conformation that constantly increasing police power is one of the greatest threats to liberty today. It's easy to get them to do more----write more tickets, patrol more, hire more officers, arrest more, search more, buy more patrol cars, etc......but try to lobby to get police to do LESS.....your political cause will be drawn and quartered by not only the cops but by the law-and-order elderly and suburbanite contingent, of which a large portion is clearly colored red. Concern about police power will be dismissed out-of-hand and you will be labelled as someone who simply sympathizes with criminals (or as a closet criminal yourself.)

bod 07-25-2005 08:19 AM

due process ha! More like due to be processed through the california penal system so they can steal your bike and then turn around at the policemens charity auction buy it back for the kid and he can become a squid on your nickel. thats due process for you

dnlwthrn 07-25-2005 08:34 AM

you could buy two thruxtons for the price of the Dyna... especially after the requisite $2k of chrome you would need to complete the Dyna look.

Enjoy the Thruxton when you get it...

BMW4VWW 07-25-2005 09:05 AM

Kinda hard to wheelie one of those FWD import street racers, isn't it? VWW