Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-25-2005, 06:48 AM   #41
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default Re: Los Angeles Wants to Destroy Your Motorcycle

Hey Sarnali, check out H-Ds website before you buy that Dyna. The Dyna line has been re-designed with a new chassis which is supposed to be much stiffer than the one that preceded it.

Plus the new flat black bobber model is pretty groovy.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2005, 06:49 AM   #42
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"This is not a liberal or conservative issue, it is a civil liberties issue and unless you are a libertarian you have no high ground to claim here. Libverals and conservatives are, unfortunately, competing for the bonehead cup when it comes to protection of civil liberties in our society."

Well said. Excellent balanced analysis. As a fiscal conservative/social liberal (moderate Republican,e.g. McCain) I am guilty of being for helmet laws yet I am against the Patroit Act, drug seizure laws etc. I guess wearing a helmet seems pretty mild compared to having your bike seized... But I appreciate the libertarian view and I understand the talk-radio paranoia of " where will the government control end i.e. they won't stop"
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #43
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Welcome to Washington, now go home.

You're right L.A. and California as a whole are wonderfull places to live, why the streets are even lined with gold!! Jobs and cheap houses for everyone! All you Californicators who moved up here to Washington in the 80's can trundle you stuff right back down there...

Remember.......... "Keep Washington Green, Spend your Money and Leave"
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 AM   #44
sconley
Founding Member

Nicely stated! Patriot act, gun laws, "traffic" cams, etc. are all civil liberty issues and both the democrats and republicans will use this pan-opticon singularity for the benefit of the voters they represent... The end result is the same, it will just be implemented for different purposes and to the benefit of a separate group (the haves or the have-nots)... It doesn't matter if you are democrat or republican, as long as you are a strong supporter of any group that wants to curtail your rights, The Man will be happy to see that you are asking, even begging, for something he couldn't have forced upon you fifty years ago (and I wasn't alive then but I can still see it happening)... It's a real shame.
sconley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:52 AM   #45
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Good one there JB. Subtle, obtuse, yet very effective. I owe you one you rascal.

-martin
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:53 AM   #46
sarnali
Founding Member

With six speed transmissions, no less.....

The bob look is more or less what I would have built anyway. But I still like the Thruxton Cafe` Racer thing too....

decisions decisions...
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 06:55 AM   #47
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

You don't own the record. It took me 20 minutes to take my first sip of espresso yesterday.

OTOH it was because it took me that long to find my glasses so that I could locate the handle on the cup.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:59 AM   #48
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Hanging with you in LA was enough! I'll be in Utah mid September. I doubt you can get away, but maybe we can hook up then.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:59 AM   #49
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

I guess wearing a helmet is a small price to pay for the priveldge/freedom of riding your bike. But yep that's a pretty good come back... If push came to shove I would side with the civil libertarians.. I just don't want the AMA spending valuable political capital and my dues on repealing existing laws.

Speaking of the AMA. Did you see the AMA racing CEO on Windtunnel last night... He doesn't get that the existing 4 classes in roadracing has failed. He mentioned that attendance is increasing so we must be doing the right thing... What an idiot? Should be only two classes in my opinion 600cc and 1000cc. On Saturday run 2 qualifying heats for each class. Best riders go on to race two times on Sunday.... i.e. 4 races per day......
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:02 AM   #50
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Thanks for saying what I was trying to say more eloquently.

Has anyone noticed that with all of the innane news coverage of how great of an aid that surveillance cameras are for fighting terrorism in Great Britian that, as far as we know, not one act of terrorism has actually been prevented by CCTV? Nice images though. And be sure to wear a bulletproof face mask if you don't have pasty white skin and wear a jacket in 75 degree weather.