Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-25-2005, 07:25 AM   #31
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Los Angeles Wants to Destroy Your Motorcycle

"blaming it on "liberals" makes me laugh. I didn't know we were the Law and Order guys so much..."

Yep I agree. It's amazing to hear Red-Staters not complain about drug seizure laws. Since if you are truly conservative you would support the property rights of individuals over the state's ability to seize property. Now that the state is expanding the scope of seizure laws they start to complain... Where is the touted conservative consistency view of personal liberty?
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2005, 07:36 AM   #32
giuliom
Registered Member

Before everyone gets his panties up in a bunch and we start bashing LA (which is actually a pretty nice place to live), notice it says "vehicle". I can tell you that the code was passed because of the preponderance of illegal street drag racing (actually not far from where I live), which has caused many accidents involving innocent people. For street racers, speeding tickets are just a nuisance, so the rules were changed. I don't know of a single case where this has been applied to garden variety speeding, or even wheelies. Could it be used then? Maybe, but then there are a lot of laws in the books that if applied strictly would make everyone scream. Take Valium, relax, LA is still fine and, no, it's not the liberals, it was actually the cops who wanted this....
giuliom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:40 AM   #33
sarnali
Founding Member

This has been standard procedure here in the Peoples Republic of Washington for years, and yes it stems from Ronnies "War On Drugs" It also applies to property such as homes, RV's acreage, anything used for "drug related or criminal activity" IE; Family vacation to Canada, junior gets caught with some B.C. bud, grampa looses the motorhome, since junior lives with gramma and grampa guess what happens if the little s**t has some stash in his basement bedroom?.

You can fight it and win, but it's going to cost you some serious money to do it.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:43 AM   #34
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

I knew that the fireman crack would arouse you from your heatstroke induced torpor.

How about Seru and me take on you and Buzz in Survivor Intermountain West? City Slickers vs. Mountain Men.

Damn - it's been 30 minutes and no one has jumped on the paradigm comment. Wassup with that? It must be hot everywere but here.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:43 AM   #35
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

I told you and JB to stick your helmet laws up your ass forever plus one day. I'd say that's pretty consistent.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:44 AM   #36
sarnali
Founding Member

good one
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:45 AM   #37
iamz
Founding Member

I could not agree with you more.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:46 AM   #38
Buzglyd
Founding Member

I'll out-antique all of you! Plus it now takes me 15 minutes to order a single cup of coffee!
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:47 AM   #39
iamz
Founding Member

Speaking of "seize and destroy". You'll want to keep those dogs locked in the house and well hidden if they are pitbulls and you live in Denver, Colorado.

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlf...er%20dog%20law
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:47 AM   #40
johnnyb
Founding Member

good argument (for you)
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote