Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-25-2005, 03:08 PM   #101
sconley
Founding Member

Default Re: Los Angeles Wants to Destroy Your Motorcycle

But the terrorist act WAS REPEATED VERBATIM... The powder was just too old/mixed improperly and only the detonators went off... The curtailing of your rights did not stop it from occuring two weeks to the day later... It may help in capturing them, but only when the bomb doesn't go off... Remember, these are SUICIDE bombers... You can only apprehend them with a spatula and some windex.
sconley is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2005, 03:17 PM   #102
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

But they itch man, they itch!
Old 07-25-2005, 03:21 PM   #103
seruzawa
The Toad

All this begs the issue that this vehicle forfeiture law was passed in L.A. and L.A. is most definitely dominated by liberals. L.A. also passed a law against walking down the street while listening to a freaking Walkman.

Any city that elects someone like Henry Waxman to the US House is somewhat to the left of Karl

Marx.

Only the libertarians own the high ground on the personal rights issue, anyhow.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #104
seruzawa
The Toad

Ah yes. New Jersey. World renowned as the "Clean Air State". Or is it the "Textile and Petrochemical State" I forget.

The logically disconnected mental state of idiots who get all exercised about smokers while living in a cloud of industrial and automobile toxins is kafkaesque at best.

Old 07-25-2005, 04:27 PM   #105
TomSmith
Founding Member

And CHP Officer Luke Lucarelli. I used to tune his panhead when I was 18 (in 1951). He said I was the only one that could get it to stop leaking oil. He used to give safety lectures to High School kids, and he said they would inspect his bike really good - if anything was wrong he would get ragged.

I worked as a mechanic during the day at Motorcycle Specialties in South San Gabriel, then came back after supper and worked on the racing bikes I rode; K-model 45 for flat track, knucklehead for fuel drags, HD Hummer 125 and Gold Star BSA for scrambles & desert.
TomSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:16 PM   #106
McNeal
Founding Member

Don't blame the republicans. I doubt this has anything to do with normal party lines. The same crap, slightly different objects, was tried in Denver, Colorado. Denver enact a law that if you were caught with a gun in your car, not locked in the trunk, you'd loose the vehicle to the city. There where two big problems with this law. 1) Denver is between the airport and the mountains where people hunt. We'd get folks flying into the state to hunt with their rifles and wouldn't know anything about this stupid law. If they were pulled over the vehicle they were in was the cities. 2) Colorado has a law which declares your vehicle to be treated the same as your home which you can defend with a firearm. So, in most of the state carrying a firearm, where you can reach it, is within the law. (before you ask, we don't have any more cases of road rage where a firearm is used then anyplace else). Most folks are reasonable and understand the difference between protecting yourself and being stupid.

It sounds like California only wants stupid people to populate the state. That way the government can control everyones lives. I'm glad I left 16 years ago.
McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 05:55 PM   #107
Fenton
Founding Member

The word "darned" would have origins some place well east of California.

The rest is hard to argue.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:02 PM   #108
Akuma007
Registered Member

Preponderance of the evidence is used in civil cases. Beyond a reasonable doubt is a criminal thing.
Akuma007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 07:27 PM   #109
ratso4744
Founding Member

What do you expect? LA is ran by the left wing of the democratic party. They know what is good for you and they are going to make you live as they want you to whether you like it or not. As more and more white folks leave, it becomes clear that LA will soon be the new capital of the United States of Mexico.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #110
ratso4744
Founding Member

are you outa your mind...republicans are a decided minority in LA...the city council is so left wing the rumor is that they still mourn the loss of Stalin.