Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-18-2005, 07:34 AM   #21
bryfs
Founding Member

Default Re: Godspeed, Christian

I had the fortune to meet Christian once, and I also know his wife through business... I had hoped to ride with them this season. What wonderful people, and such a tragedy to lose him so soon. All of us at West Virginia Riders send our condolences.

-Brian
bryfs is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2005, 07:38 AM   #22
fzcaster
Founding Member

This is very sad news indeed.

This bums me out.

I met Christian at a seminar he gave at Americade last year.

His enthusiasm for motorcycling in all it's forms was truly inspiring.

We have lost a great ambassador for our point, and more importantly, a really fine human being.

Our condolonces to his wife and children.

I too, have been a reader of his fine magazine and hope they keep up the good work.
fzcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:34 AM   #23
ebass
Founding Member

Default In Memoriam of Christian

I have had many kind people ask me if they can offer something to express their condolences. In response, Christian's wife, Christa, has requested that in lieu of flowers, that those concerned donate to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation in Christian's name.

Christian was an ardent proponent of motorcycle skills training, and I would go one step further and suggest that each of you who were moved by Christian's passing seek out a class that would advance your street safety skills to the next level and participate in it in his honour. He would be very happy to know that he inspired someone to learn something that later saved their life or simply increased their confidence and pleasure along the winding road.

The MSF donation site is under construction but they do accept donations by phone.

(949)727-3227 x3002

http://www.msf-usa.org/

ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:39 AM   #24
Vlad
Registered Member

Christian's writing always impressed me, and, as a fellow writer, I am hard to impress. His lucid prose helped me "feel" the ride, a difficult task. Though I never me him, I, too, feel like I have lost a friend. RoadRunner is a unique magazine. Long may it be published.

My condolences to Christa and their children.

Francis Clark
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:14 AM   #25
parrot820
Registered Member

What terrible news! I've thoroughly enjoyed reading RoadRUNNER over the past few years and will miss Christian's writing immensely.

RoadRUNNER is only one of two moto print magazines that I read on a regular basis. It truly is a unique publication and I hope it survives this tragedy and continues for many years to come.

My deepest condolences to Christian's family.

Patrick

parrot820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:45 AM   #26
Rubble
Founding Member

Every time I read an issue of Road Runner the experience is more of hearing Chrisitians thoughts and seeing through Christians eyes, than reading a magazine. He and his magic will be missed. My sympathies to his family and friends.

Rubble
Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #27
Abe_Murphy
Registered Member

Although I had only recently discovered the work of this man and the Roadrunner team, This is a lost to all of us. I have the feeling from the comments of Eric and others that Christian was someone I would have liked to know and have the opportunity to ride with. In his honor, I hope the Roadrunner team picks up the banner and keeps his work going. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to his family. May they have some solace in having shared his life.
Abe_Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:00 AM   #28
ebass
Founding Member

One of the first things that Christa expressed to me when I spoke with her today, was that RoadRUNNER Magazine will definitely go forward, as would have been Christian's wish. There is certainly no way to replace his voice, but we will all redouble our efforts in order to perpetuate his message.

Eric Bass

Associate Publisher

RoadRUNNER Magazine
ebass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:48 AM   #29
Ned
Registered Member

I am also a RoadRunner subscriber. This is not the first person I've "known" only through a magazine or website that has been lost but the feeling of sadness is still rather profound.

Peace to his family and friends.

Ned
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #30
BiggerTwin
Founding Member

Very sorry to hear the news. RoadRunner is a great publication and he will be missed.

Alan
BiggerTwin is offline   Reply With Quote