Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 07-18-2005, 05:14 AM   #11
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Godspeed, Christian

Well said sir.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2005, 05:22 AM   #12
dominatr37
Founding Member

This is a very sad day. I saw Christian a month ago at Americade, and before that the prior year when he and Brian Rathjen (Backroads magazine) gave a seminar together. I bought an issue of Road Runner only last week when on a family vacation back up to Lake George. Christian will be sorely missed by everyone in who has a motorcycle, and has read his words or met him, or even listened to him speak. I am truly saddened by this. For those that never heard him speak, he had a truepassion for motorcycling, and his insights were unique. My heartfelt condolences to his family.
dominatr37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:44 AM   #13
Davebbell
Founding Member

I was very sorry to hear about Christian's death. I enjoyed his articles very much. He will be missed. Condolences to his wife, family, and friends
Davebbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:52 AM   #14
ra377
Registered Member

I am saddened by the news of this loss. I have read ROADrunner for years now and so Christian seemed like a friend to me. I wish his wife and children well.
ra377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:03 AM   #15
honkymofo
Founding Member

Default What a loss

I've only been subscribing to Roadrunner for the past three issues, but thoroughly enjoyed them all, especially Christian's writing. As a middle aged rider myself, I felt sort of camaraderie with him and identified with his writing and descriptions. He will be missed, even by those who did not know him.
honkymofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:16 AM   #16
draffety
Registered Member

Oh man... news like this is never easy to take. I had the opportunity to briefly meet Christian at the International Motorcycle Show in Chicago. I have been reading RoadRunner magazine for a few years now. It is an incredible magazine - nothing else like it really - certainly born from a man with incredible vision and passion for this sport. He will definitely be missed. My heart goes out to his wife and his children. Godspeed...

Darin in KC
draffety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:20 AM   #17
opie
Founding Member

I'm so sorry. I just met Christa 2 weeks ago in Knoxville, TN, at the Hoot. I picked up a couple of their magazines. Even though I subscribe to 4 moto mags (not including MO), it was easy to see that RoadRUNNER was unique. I'm looking forward to riding several of the recommended tours.

I want us all to be able to ride safely, savoring the beauty of the ride and the machines in action, for years and years.

I will spend time today praying for Christian's family and friends, that God will give them strength, and hold them close in their grief.

I appreciate each of you MOrons as well. Truly. I hope I can extend more kindness, patience, and grace to those around me. The world already has enough cool, tough, and clever.

Be well my friends.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:26 AM   #18
aws7381
Founding Member

I was introduced to RoadRunner as part of a bonus Chistian was providing to MSF instructors, and I had the good fortune of meeting him at the CycleWorld show in Washington DC in January of 2004. He was a very impressive person, full of energy and he had a true passion for motorcycling. I only spoke to him that one time, but he treated me like a long-time friend. He was a first-class person and we will all miss him. Christian and his family are in our prayers.
aws7381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:30 AM   #19
esoteric0001
Registered Member

Under these circumstances words, written or spoken, are sorely lacking in what we as a community would like to present to the family of Mr. Neuhauser. My respect, condolences and deepest sympathy go to them.

A.V.

(When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults....)
esoteric0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 06:32 AM   #20
mikedan216
Founding Member

Sorrows and respect from San Francisco.
mikedan216 is offline   Reply With Quote