Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-09-2005, 03:54 AM   #81
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Just Like a Biker Movie

Done the Highway 1 thing... as well as 101... I assume by your mentioning them that they are considered excellent rides there...

From this I conclude that riding there must really suck.

Come to the appalacians friend... We'll be happy to show you some great roads... where believe it or not, you can ride for a day or two and not see a car (Natchez Trace) or take 318 curves in just 11 miles (Deal's Gap).

I've heard that rural Oregon... much like rural Cali is still quite conservative.

Typical I suppose... cityfolks always have felt like they had the right to tell everyone else how to live. In Cali, Washington, and Oregon they obviously have decided to use their state governments to do that very thing.

It's all mute though... as I'll never be goin' that way... so long as Kpaul's still there.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-09-2005, 04:16 AM   #82
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Default Re: Defending Sheriff Daniel.

"The cops probably were just really excited about having some ACTION! Yeah" Yep you are right. This is the most ACTION Grant's Pass has seen in years. My bet is they will be talking about this for years. The story will change and get exaggerated over the years. "Sheriff Daniel and his brave deputies ...."
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 04:18 AM   #83
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

"Come to the appalacians friend... We'll be happy to show you some great roads... where believe it or not, you can ride for a day or two and not see a car (Natchez Trace) or take 318 curves in just 11 miles (Deal's Gap)."

Thanks for the invite sounds great.

KPaul

Old 06-09-2005, 04:34 AM   #84
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

Ah my fellow blue stater, I can see that you haven't been to red state areas,like Orange County, Grants Pass, Crawford Texas, for awhile... Don't you know there is war on terrorism going on? It's ok for law to preempt crime now. Just kidding , I agree with you. However, I grew in a small town (W country) and the Sheriff used to preempt crime all of the time. "Hey boys we don't need your kind around here, it's best ya be leaving here soon". Some Hollywood sterotypes are true.... That's why I love living in the Seattle area....tolerance, diverisity, freedom of religon, thought, etc.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:10 AM   #85
iamz
Founding Member

Just finished doing a little research on the gang in question; Drugs, guns, stolen motorcycles, more drugs more guns. So you don't think the police should follow or harrass known criminal organizations?

I've got no problem with the police coming down hard on this particular gang of thugs that you the others are so quick to defend.

When they steal your motorcycle I think you'll feel differently.

I say the police did a damn good job.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:12 AM   #86
iamz
Founding Member

Just finished doing a little research on the gang in question; Drugs, guns, stolen motorcycles, more drugs more guns. So you don't think the police should follow or harrass known criminal organizations?

I've got no problem with the police coming down hard on this particular gang of thugs that you the others are so quick to defend.

When they steal your motorcycle I think you'll feel differently.

I say the police did a damn good job.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:20 AM   #87
Fenton
Founding Member

Hey mile_eater, riding here sucks ALL 12 months of the year.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 05:41 AM   #88
sarnali
Founding Member

Highway 1 and 101 are where we point the tourists. The good roads we keep quiet about.

The differance between perception and reality is funny though. Washington and Oregon are both supposed to be all green trees and forrests, full of liberal progressive thought and tolerance.

The reality is that the narrow coastal strip is beautiful green woods and rivers, lakes and streams, but the other 80% east of the Cascades is nothing but sage brush, tumbleweeds and rattlesnakes. The best you could call it is "native prairie", Why do you think they built the atomic bomb at Hanford?

Between eastern Oregon and eastern Washington we probably have the highest percentage of rednecks per capita in the country. The only reason Washington is a blue state is the Puget Sound cities, everywhere else is Bush country all the way.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:35 AM   #89
Holy_Kaw
Registered Member

Finally! A voice of reason!
Holy_Kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 06:39 AM   #90
bod
Founding Member

Reason I don't need no stinkin reason