Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 06-08-2005, 08:04 AM   #21
captainwhoopass
Founding Member

Default Re: Just Like a Biker Movie

I was kind of wondering the same thing. I've never heard of the Angels doing a poker run- I'd think they'd be more interested in setting up meth labs or other similar activities.

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 06-08-2005, 08:14 AM   #22
iamz
Founding Member

"Police described Vagos as "an outlaw motorcycle gang'' and said their vigilance was justified."

"We don't know what their intent is. There's a reputation there. We don't know what may come up, so we prepare ourselves.''

Once again, I'm going by what's in the article. I read the top two sentences as showing that the police are awair of the history of this group.

You have failed to cause me any concern.

Sorry.

Another question; why am I self righteous?
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:20 AM   #23
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

"Another question; why am I self righteous?"

I don't think anyone can figure out why you are self-righteous. Maybe living in Oz has something to do with it. Get out in the real world, and maybe your attitude will change. Remember that those darn Negros have a reputaion too.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:20 AM   #24
iamz
Founding Member

Police frequently use that kind of tactic to run gangs out of cities if they know there is a history of criminal behaviour. The article states that the police were awair of this particular group of bikers and their history.

And I am willing to dismiss it because my own history with the police has never involved harassment by them.

iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:22 AM   #25
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: Just Like a bad Biker Movie

Judging by all the bad press I dredged up when searching for the Vagos MC Club, it looks like these folks are closely related to the bike gang from Clint Eastwood's movie "Every Which Way But Loose".

Here's a link to an article describing the Vagos' day in court regarding the Grant Pass debacle:

http://www.yourinjurylawyers.com/mot...e-case-zoo.asp

They sound like a bunch of turkeys. Probably ride old 750 four Hondas with 2' over front forks. Or chopped 305's with straight pipes.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:24 AM   #26
eddyline
Founding Member

Hey, the 'reputation' is of the Vagos motorcycle club that drew a Fed. investigation last year.

http://caag.state.ca.us/newsalerts/2004/04-100.htm

It's possible that they're all really nice guys, and law-abiding citizens who mow their suburban lawns every Thursday afternoons(so they can ride on the weekend!), but the Grants Pass OR PD is going by the CA AG's info. It IS profiling, but that's how all PDs work, regardless of the political correctness of the terminology.
eddyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:44 AM   #27
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Even if they have a "reputation," it isn't right to harass people who haven't done anything. If Grants Pass is fearful, let them have police at the ready... let them be prepared. But writing a bunch of bogus tickets and harassing people?</p>

As a side note, here's the Vagos's website. It's good to put a face on the people involved. I linked to Grants Pass's website earlier.</p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:55 AM   #28
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Steve, that one pic said 1000 words and got 1000 tickets written. A Hispanic MC club riding into lilly-white land must have scared the crap out of the locals. Figgered those dirty Mexicans were up to no good they did, and they showed em!
Old 06-08-2005, 08:58 AM   #29
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

All that was back when you were a BAMF, Sarnali. Now you are a sweet, innocent, tree hugger that wouldn't think of rankling the local officials. A changed man to be sure!
Old 06-08-2005, 09:34 AM   #30
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Like this biker movie???

George: You know, this used to be a helluva good country. I can't understand what's gone wrong with it.

Billy: Huh. Man, everybody got chicken, that's what happened, man. Hey, we can't even get into like, uh, second-rate hotel, I mean, a second-rate motel. You dig? They think we're gonna cut their throat or something, man. They're scared, man.

George: Oh, they're not scared of you. They're scared of what you represent to 'em.

Billy: Hey man. All we represent to them, man, is somebody needs a haircut.

George: Oh no. What you represent to them is freedom.

Billy: What the hell's wrong with freedom, man? That's what it's all about.

George: Oh yeah, that's right, that's what it's all about, all right. But talkin' about it and bein' it - that's two different things. I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em.

Billy: Mmmm, well, that don't make 'em runnin' scared.

George: No, it makes 'em dangerous.