Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-24-2001, 01:40 PM   #1
Haru
Founding Member

Default Re: MO

sweet! I hope you guys used the 748S!
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-24-2001, 01:45 PM   #2
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Working... yeah right

You call that work? I had to sit in front of a keyboard all day and slave away pecking at keys. I even managed to send out e-mail!

You owe us big time, MO! I expect nothing less than a full litre bike review, Hyabusa vs. ZX-12R vs. Blackbird, *and* an essay on procrastination within the next month. Failing that I'll have no choice but to post more nasty messages that make me sound like a lunatic.

P.S. Any idea if you'll be able to squeeze in a buyers guide for more mundane items like gloves and what not?
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 01:48 PM   #3
minime
Founding Member

Default Re: Working... yeah right

Sorry for your work dilemma. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Oh, and we'll get cranking on that article on procrastination... just as soon as we finish a few other things first.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 01:52 PM   #4
minime
Founding Member

Yes, we did use the 748S with its Showa suspension (Ti-nitride-coated forks are tre' cool), Marchesini rims and adjustable steering head angle.

Nice pit bike? It's a nice bike -- period. You might like it even more if you got one on the track. Mucho fun!
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 02:34 PM   #5
Shaft
Founding Member

The gearshift lever "snapped off"!?!?!?! LOL!! Typical cheap Suckzuki crap. Sure they go fast but for how long and at what price. Funny stuff.
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 02:56 PM   #6
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

Default after reading all these comments...

I think what we're trying to tell you guys is..*drip...wipe mouth with sleeve*....COOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!

do some big smoky burnouts for us !
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 05:29 PM   #7
gt750
Registered Member

Default Re: MO Survey Results?

Did you tabulate the 600 c.c. results? Are you in fact going to listen to your readership and put street testing first?
gt750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 03:01 AM   #8
Hamrhd
Founding Member

Why would the Honda be a cheater ? Its a new design for '01 so it may be the fastest. Do you know who has won the most 600 supersport races and titles ? Try Duhamel and Honda, and I doubt the A.M.A. 's teardown would allow cheater bikes. So would you like to refrase your comment ? I'm not saying the saying the Honda will be first either, I'm saying your making accusations based on either yours or somone elses !
Hamrhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 03:12 AM   #9
hamatsu
Founding Member

Does p-o-s.com stand for "puckered old sphincter" cause that's the only thing I can think of from your moronic post. You even admit that Suzuki's are fast and the fact is that if you can lean a bike over far enough to snap the gear shift lever off then it's already past the point most bikes can handle. Bend over and get the Shaft !
hamatsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 04:00 AM   #10
x1lightening
Founding Member

Did you read this article? it said the gearshift snapped off. It didn't say he laid the bike down. that tells me that he was awful low in the corner. I would say that is a bike that handles quite well and a rider that can "RIDE!" Ever drug a footpeg? doesn't always have the best results!
x1lightening is offline   Reply With Quote