Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-25-2001, 07:56 AM   #21
RomKnight
Founding Member

Default Re: Who wants to bet that there is no "Street" content?

poll results.. their my favorite because they're SOOOOO accurate...

c'mon. in the end we all want street/track tests 'cause we use our bikes everyday and we all do some track every now and then...

anyway, as I posted before "only thee who have finger nails can play a guitar" no matter is street or track.

Its like a gun. It's all about who use it. the machines can't do sh^H^H anything without US (the good people ).
RomKnight is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-25-2001, 08:10 AM   #22
msnodderly
Founding Member

Default Re: Ok, win picks thread

1 - GSXR

2 - R6

3 - F4i

4 - ZX6R

5 - anything else

6 - Ducati 748s

Read the individual bike reviews and last years shootout. Last year Ducati came in last and the Yamaha R6 was first. From reading this years reviews of the individual bikes it sounds like the GSXR has taken over first and not much else has changed..
msnodderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 08:12 AM   #23
Steve1579
Founding Member

They'll go for the best all arounder as the first place, then the best racer for second place I think. Third will go to the next best all-arounder.

1. F4i

2. R6

3. 6R

4. GSX

5. 748
Steve1579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 09:43 AM   #24
Haru
Founding Member

My guess:

1. GSXR

2. 6r

3. R6

4. F4i

5. 748S

They just might put the 6r on top again since they seem to favor all around excellence. I don't think the F4i will make it to the top.
Haru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 09:51 AM   #25
torresmr
Founding Member

Default Re: cheater bikes explained

These are the kind of comments that are appreciated. Constructive comments. Non of that "attitude" that some people display on here sometimes.

Congrats,

M.

P.S.

By the way, I have been around bikes for about 15 years. IÂ’ve had a little bit of everything, and I have to agree that for street use, there are not many bikes as well balance (meaning balance between contort, performance and fun) as the 600 from Honda.
torresmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 10:26 AM   #26
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

Default Re: MO

These bikes are made to accelerate as well as turn. There is nothing wrong with drag strip testing these bikes, any more than it's a waste of time to dyno-test them. It's a test that gives a reasonably objective measurement of their ability to accelerate. ET's and trap speeds together are very useful information for comparing bikes. In addition, not everyone has canyon roads to begin with, so a one sided test of "canyon bikes" would not suit everyone either. Some people enjoy drag racing very much; most of us, I would venture to say.
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 10:42 AM   #27
dirtybmxr
Founding Member

I don't see how one could honestly be interested this type of motorcycle without having at least a small interest in the track comparo. That is mostly what they were designed for in the first place. To not care about track results "AT ALL". . . Are you sure you aren't shopping for an ST1100?

What does a "street biased" article consist of anyway. It only takes two sentences to say that the seat foam doesn't suit your tender little behind and the bike doesn't have a clock or a centerstand(ooooh, how dare they!). If you are rating these bikes based on the bland measurment of "cruising ability" there isn't any difference whatsoever between them all, only which one comes in a color to match your sneakers.
dirtybmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 11:53 AM   #28
CYCLE_MONKEY
Founding Member

Ummmm, I think the rectum-wipe means "Piece-of-sh*t".
CYCLE_MONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 01:25 PM   #29
SugarMrPoon
Founding Member

Default Re: MO Survey Results?

Confucius say: "Man who go through turnstyle backwards going to Bangkok."
SugarMrPoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 08:08 PM   #30
RobGixxer750
Founding Member

Default Gotta realize

These bikes are all great bikes, so it really is just a toss up I feel these days, with the 600 class. Every bike gets it's moment at the top, and it has been a few years since Honda has been on top, mainly due to lack of improvements on a major scale. That is why I am putting my money on the Honda, we shall see I am anxious to hear the results, for both the reviews of the new bikes, and just to see how they decided to choose their picks.

Rob
RobGixxer750 is offline   Reply With Quote