Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #1
blitz
Founding Member

Default Re: Isle of Man TT TV coverage

First Post. Whoo Hoo!
blitz is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-23-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
orcyclist
Founding Member

I'd be guessin' that the TV coverage of the "Aisle of Men" would be "done blowed up" since there aren't enough rednecks to watch it.

If Speed can put the entire American Lemans and the entire ARCA "thang" (It ain't racing)on - you think they could at least put Isle of Man on at 3:00 am or so and let us all TIVO it.

We need a real motorcycling channel sort of like the UK's Menandmotors.com
Old 05-23-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
caderider
Registered Member

Perhaps we can all sign some sort of petition?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:20 PM   #4
gazorp
Founding Member

dare i say it? dare we all say that the placement of motorcycle racing in the monomental stink tank of the speedoneandonly channel by its' programming professionals reflects their own fears of falling down.

facts are facts. i prefer the fact that

there are very few events which rival the isle of man tt .

i prefer the fact that racing motorcycles on pavement is way more exciting than racing on dirt.

i prefer the fact that racing motorcycles on pavement with houses, trees and stone walls just a few inches from machines and riders traveling way way fast is way way more exciting than racing at daytona.

i prefer the fact that speed is dangerous and speed on a motorcycle is more dangerous than speed in a cage.

fact is, we who ride are a minority. on speed channel, the four wheeled world rules. i say let them have it.

a network just for motorcyclists would not only be more exciting, but with the higher measure of skill, drama, personalities and jaw dropping performance of the gear, we can watch impossible things happen.

we need more movies like Faster on a yearly basis.
gazorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:00 PM   #5
GrufRude
Registered Member

I find myself buying Duke videos -- GREAT racing, but the production level is just a touch above amateur. None the less, Duke's Isle of Man videos are worth the watch (and the price), as is "One Man's Island," and for those who don't have the collections, the 3-disc boxed set of Bruce Brown's "On Any Sunday," "OAS Revisited," and the Malcom Smith DVD, along with the 2-disc "Faster" DVDs are must haves.

I guess coverage of the bikes (and particularly road race bikes) are consigned to red-headed step-child status here in the USA, but you have to wonder if a promoter with a LOT more savvy than the AMA might not be able to start creating something with a product as inherently exciting (and accessible to the regular guy) as motorcycle competition.

"Faster" is not at all a hard sell among my non-biker friends . . . . .
GrufRude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 05:19 PM   #6
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Pardon Me While I shoot My TV

With cable TV seeming to have everything from the Albino American Gay Experience to Professional Pie Eating on it's schedule, you'd think motorcycle racing wouldn't be that much of a stretch. SPEED (AKA: NASCAR Central) would gladly pre-empt motorcycle content if it caught-wind of Dale Jr. passing gas. ItÂ’s inconceivable that forty-odd, directionally challenged country boys, engaging in a high-speed conga-line, can possibly be that interesting. Personally, given a choice between one more inane "Aw Shucks!" driver interview and an in-depth report on fungus, on The Foot Fetish Channel, it would probably come down to a coin toss.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:47 PM   #7
Vlad
Registered Member

I think it's because they suspect that the Isle of Man has something to do with homoerotica.

Francis
Vlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2005, 08:19 PM   #8
Puck
Registered Member

How about all of us e-mail Speed Channel and let them know they suck! While we're at it demand more motorcycle programing, and do it repetitivley until we get more motorcycle shows.
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 01:11 AM   #9
r1der
Founding Member

Somebody should recreate the old Speedvision and let Fox change Speed Channel to NASCAR 24/7.

:annoyed:
r1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:27 AM   #10
nokneedragin
Founding Member

I've said that before. Fox should go ahead and make the NASCAR 24/7 channel, drop the 20 hours of NASCAR that they have on Speed down to 2 or 3, and start showing racing again (gee, ya mean like the old channel was)

At least I'd like to see Speedtv start doing a racing news show that talks about something other than Nascar.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote