Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-24-2005, 02:30 AM   #61
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh the Humanity

The gunmetal gray is IMO the best looking color offered on that bike. After you break it in, and take a couple of WOT runs, you should write up a pdad type of review for the rest of us. That is after the adrenaline has subsided enough for you type. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2005, 03:50 AM   #62
fdavis
Founding Member

Leopard skin!

That's it. I'm calling the Humane Society or Greenpeace or something. Your busted!
fdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 03:57 AM   #63
fdavis
Founding Member

You have a good point about the depreciation thing.

I have actually had good luck finding used sporties. You just have to be patient and find a guy like me who may ride the bike hard but has complete service records and stores the bike inside. There are also a lot of people who don't ride them hard and still maintain them well.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:15 AM   #64
fdavis
Founding Member

So your local dealer was within $300 of your asking price on a $10K plus purchase and YOU wouldn't budge? You were bashing them and they were flexible and you were not. BTW, the LA dealer was violating their franchise agreement by shipping product outside their stated territory. If you think this is fair I say go open a moto-dealership and then tell us what you think.

Come on folks, these days you can always get something "cheaper" somewhere in the world. Support your local merchants and they will support you. I imagine the LA dealer will be happy to pick your bike for you and service it if you have a problem.... NOT. Before you discount this, I do this for my loyal customers when they are in a bind. You get what you pay for.
Old 05-24-2005, 05:04 AM   #65
bod
Founding Member

Heres another "WHAT I THINK COMMENT" I think this special financing is killing part of the used market because some 20 yr old buys a 10g bike pays 29$ a month for a year after a year he figures he cant make the real payment and the insurance so he tries to sell it for payoff which is what a new bike sells for at the time. So the bike gets repoe'd ends up at the auction and hopefully I can buy it a a good price. I got a 2002 vfr last fall in great shape with 4500 miles for $5500 and it had sta-tune exhaust on it with the stock exhaust thrown in which i sold on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. But this was out of a paper not at auction. I've seen these repos at auctions and sometimes there are some good deals I'm hunting a good second bike now maybe something in a 600 or 750 standard
bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 07:01 PM   #66
nbyers
Registered Member

Default Give us the skinny, longride

VWW, this is a great idea.

longride, I hope you're up for it.

And congratulations on a stunning new ride. The first time you wind her all the way open you're gonna be grinning like a fool....
nbyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #67
redlegduke
Founding Member

I'm new in town. I bought a bunch of KLR 650 parts from theri Lancaster shop. The parts guy knew parts. I mostly liked those guys. Quite unlike the dorks in the Alabama shop where I HAD to read the microfiche for them - pathetic.
redlegduke is offline   Reply With Quote