Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 05-11-2005, 11:53 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Who's going 200mph??

I'll support that, specialy jet-black comb-overs on 50 year old guys in dirty t-shirts and sweat pants that smell like cigerettes and B.O.

F****n' slobs
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2005, 01:39 PM   #12
Pinkslip
Founding Member

I had a customer come in a couple weeks back on his 2000 GSX-R750 with chromed rims telling me about how he was going 185mph here in the Bay Area. So you gotta figure, his buddy with the Gixxer 1K with chromed rims and a polished frame MUST be able to do at least 200mph, right?

Point is: it isn't just the media spreading this BS around. Squids don't help the situation.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 01:59 PM   #13
cptaebphd
Founding Member

I could only support structured licensing if it were applied to all vehicles; e.g., no Hummer until you prove yourself in a Honda.

Can't you sheep see there is a conspiracy between the Social Security Administration and the motorcycle manufacturers! Their evil plan is to get old farts to kill themselves on equally overweight bikes before Social Security benefits kick in. Logan's Run was prophecy!!
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:16 PM   #14
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

I am not a journalist but I took the class in college as an elective.. I was thinking the same thing. Poorly done story.
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #15
sportbikebandit
Founding Member

LOL The whole comb-over thing escapes me. Who do these guys think the are fooling...... not anyone that has descent vision....
sportbikebandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #16
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

The ritual of carrousel! But on an R1.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:21 PM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

Like most conspiracies that involve the govt it isn't working. The M/C manufacturers are killing of more young squids.
Old 05-11-2005, 02:50 PM   #18
pplassm
Founding Member

Here we go again! It's "Bullet Bike Blacklist" time again!
Old 05-11-2005, 03:04 PM   #19
tomk2
Founding Member

Default A k00k and his money are soon roadkill...

Coming home from work tonite I took my usual route, a typical Sonoma County narrow twisting hilly two lane country road... and about halfway home I come up behind some kook on one of those high $$$ choppers.

The kook is following behind an SUV, he's so SLOW he's actually losing ground to the SUV in the corners so he can't make a pass, he's running wide on the corners, going wide on BLIND corners, twice he gets in trouble & has to slow the bike down to get it back into his own lane ahead of oncoming traffic... plus the thing's got straight pipes and he's making more damn noise for less forward progress than I can believe.

Finally we get to a light & I pull up alongside the suicide wanna-be, the freaking paint job on his chopper has to cost double what my Buell is worth and of course he's got his poseur t-shirt and little black helmet, whatta phukking freak show.

I don't care what anybody sez about squids, the chopper dorks are the worst. There oughta be a law, something like the Road Warrior where we can hunt these kooks with spears or something
tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #20
jawzx
Registered Member

Default Re: A k00k and his money are soon roadkill...

I gotta agree with this. I'm a relative squid (at least compared to some of the 'ol buzzards here) But even with less than 6,000 miles under my belt, I can tell just how dangerous and *BAD* many of the chopper riders I meet on the road are. I also think it's important (and fair) to distinguish the real "Hell's Angels" Harley type from these idiots riding chomed-up ultra $$$$$ custom choppers.

Yuppies watching American Chopper on Discovery-HD think they ought to drop some of that spare disposable income they didn't spend on the million dollar house and Porche Cyanne on a big bike. They ride once a week, if that, and never bother to learn how to handle a bike. Hell I know a few, most of them don't even have an "M"! They think they are exempt from the laws the rest of us follow, they ignore the safety considerations because they "don't ride much", they act like they own the road, they buy a bike based purely on how much chome it has and how loud it is. If they ever did learn how to ride, they'd still be riding crap.

Many newer Harley's also sport these kinds of riders. A 2005 sportster is more dangerous than an old beat-up FatBoy because of the idiot riding it.

And on the noise front, why is it choppers and "custom" Harleys keep passing inspection with these stupid straight pipes that rattle windows at a half mile while I'm told: "that pipe's a little on the loud side...but I'll let it slide" Wanna know what it is? It's the STOCK pipe on my MZ 125-SM. I had another experiece where my car's muffler took a vacation, while the cop had me pulled over and was handing me a warning for defective equipment a chopper of some sort roared by so loud I couldn't hear what the cop was saying. Did he go after that guy? You bet not. What gives?