Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #51
tumbler
Founding Member

Default Re: Palomar Mountain residents form group to stop speeding motorcycles

Why would you think I don't know anything about motorcycles? I am not anywhere near your knowledge or experience (Can't help when I was born), but I do in fact know something about motorcycles. Indiana doesn't suck. Southern IN is a blast to ride. Oh and the track days at Putnam Park are pretty cheap. And:

"I'd suggest heavily that you keep your responses off my threads..." Sounds like a threat, I may be mistaken. Were you simply stating you would call me names and fart in my general direction, if I continued? Aren't you a little old to be egged into a fight or try to egg someone else into a fight? Seems a little immature for someone of your advanced years, but I was raised to not back down from a fight and to stick up for myself. If you want to drive down here to the Fort and act like a couple of school kids I'm in the book.

tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2005, 01:18 PM   #52
Fenton
Founding Member

I believe that is "Beckons"
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #53
sarnali
Founding Member

You're right the second time.....

For the record I don't remember ever insulting anyone on here, though I probably have at one point or another. Also for the record I've never met any of your culprits in person, except that useless commie mscuddy who I knew on the boat. I would be more than happy however to meet them, go riding, get blasted, whatever because we all seem to share similar attitudes and experiances and love of all things motorcycle, you're probably a decent enough person yourself, though you're convinced I've offended you in some way.

Well, sorry eh? I'm not laughing with you, I'm laughing at you..
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:49 PM   #54
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

The comment on passive systems has to do with the notion of "Big Brother" peering over society's shoulder at every opportunity. Sure, having these systems in place "on every mile of the road" would slow us all down, but most certainly cameras in every room of our house might also stop domestic violence.

There comes a point when we move beyond traffic enforcement and become a society of bludgeoned "obeyers". At some point the joy is removed from our life, ostensibly in the name of safety.
Viffer-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:54 PM   #55
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

>>The cops don't need more federal money or special permission to arrest these reckless drivers. One wonders why they haven't already.<<

Absolutely!! You're dead-on right when you also say it's all about money. Without money, government is powerless. This is why you'll see them kicking and screaming all the way to your tax cut...
Viffer-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 03:20 AM   #56
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Yup that is my quote. And everything I said was true, not an insult. Nobody is going to put words in my mouth and then question my "logic". Anyone with a half an ounce of common sense would know the difference. That would leave you out, of course. Anyone that responds to me better have something to say besides bullshyt. If you don't I'll have something to say back. That is being REAL. Maybe when you grow up you will know the difference.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:22 AM   #57
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Anytime. Let me know when you are available. Make sure you bring your smart mouth with you. My email address is posted. Send me your address.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:50 AM   #58
tumbler
Founding Member

Yea, I'll grow up. You challenge me to a fist fight over a some postings and then claim to be keepin it real, yo.

You asked me to point out where you insulted someone. If you really think me and who ever else posts things that you think are dumb, why even respond. Haven't you ever heard the expression Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Oh well, keep it up, all this posting makes my work day go faster.
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 07:15 AM   #59
wolfpack_fan
Registered Member

Maybe I do have a lack of logic, but djamora indicated that nobody ever complains about cruiser noise level (which I would have to disagree with somewhat, using Daytona, FL citizens as an example). Your reply was that his argument was flawed b/c the article referred to speeding AND loud pipes. The point is that you rarely see a similar article addressing JUST the noise problem (sportbikes and cruisers), rather than the abundance of articles addressing an excessive speed AND noise problem (aimed exclusively at sportbikes). So excuse me if I read a cruiser connection into your statement...

I have to agree with djamora in that cruisers can generally get away with more noise because they’re not seen as the "menace to society" that sportbike riders sometimes are.

In general, I think anyone traveling a high-traffic area--sportbike, cruiser, whatever--with "for off-road use only" pipes at full chat is doing the motorcycle community a disservice. Eventually all riders will suffer.
wolfpack_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:09 AM   #60
Iman01
Founding Member

Shut up Longpaul. The only reason I started subscribing is because the top idiot left. You don't need to stand up and be the next one. Chill out, listen to what people have to say or don't. If you want to fight go over to the boxing or MMA boards. Or do you prefer fighting those "nice" people on Hondas?
Iman01 is offline   Reply With Quote