Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #11
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Un-Constitutional

So... isn't this Un-Constitutional?

You can't legally target one group doing something without getting everyone.

Our local HOT roads so to speak also have sports car groups and hopped up Honda Civics going at rather crazy speeds as well...
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #12
djamora
Founding Member

Default Re: Palomar Mountain residents form group to stop speeding motorcycles

So, when the residents are traveling at 55 mph will they also get their cars impounded! This is blasphemous! I personally don't ride this canyon but do they really think motorcyclists and drivers alike are going to travel 35 mph through the canyon. I doubt it. How about stopping the few riders that race the canyons and let the others enjoy the pace! Sounds like prejudice! LetÂ’s call the ACLU!
djamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 03:55 PM   #13
djamora
Founding Member

Wow, loud pipes! No one every talks about Harley and Harley clone loud pipes! Maybe when they role by at 35 mph with 100+ DB pipes we should impound those bikes too.
djamora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:03 PM   #14
red916
Founding Member

This is why I ride Palomar on Tuesdays. I haven't been on the mountain on a sunday in years.
red916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:18 PM   #15
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Here's to hoping that this government "crack down" on motorcyclists using Palomar Mountain road meets with the same success as every other government sponsored solution to our nation's problems. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #16
TEvo
Registered Member

Instead of proposing civil unrest, arson and various other violent yet ultimately counterproductive activities, perhaps those who live in that area should get involved with motorcycle rights organizations.

http://www.abate.org/

Also, the AMA might be good for something here.

In Chicago, they did close Lake Shore Drive (not a canyon- we don't have those here... more of a scenic highway) to motorcyclists but ABATE lobbied and got that repealed.

Same reason: racer types, straight pipes, loud pipes, etc.

We can choose to be part of the solution or part of the problem. Do something and stop complaining.

Just my 2-cents.
`00 SV65
TEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:50 PM   #17
pattonme
Founding Member

LSD is the most unscenic, boring ass road in all of Chicago-land. 6 or 8 lane wide, and the epitome of seriously ****ty pavement. Bikes should be banned because the pot holes will destroy a suspension. No, I'm not really serious about bans, it's a public road after all called US41. Why there is a single bike there that isn't a commuter is beyond me.

Now if it was about bike bans along Sheridan Road north of Evanston, OK, I'll buy that one.
pattonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:16 PM   #18
Fenton
Founding Member

I love to ride any bike on any road. I love the sound of a set of pipes on a Duc. I love to go faster around a turn than I should in total control. But I would hate to deal with someone else doing what they love at the end of my driveway all week-end.

Let's face it, there are a ton of jerk offs with or without the complaints. You better hope that new titanium yomuzhinesongoni pipe fits your 4-trax, because "off road only" isn't far behind when the nit picking "crack down" starts.

BTW, I still get a kick out of watching some Yahoo pull a 90mph wheelie down the fast lane. Man, I wish I could do that.....not that I would, of course.
Fenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 06:26 PM   #19
seruzawa
The Toad

It is a typical govt solution isn't it? Cater to the most cowardly members of society, the middleclass soccer moms and their emasculated drones of husbands. Punish an entire class of people for the acts of a small minority. It makes the fearful little dweebs feel better.

Another successful Zero Tolerance Campaign! Gotta love it.

You know, there are already simple laws on the books to deal with this. Simply arrest the worst speeders in residential areas for reckless driving. Once you start hauling off the truly irresponsible and dangerous idiots the others will either cool it or go away. But that's too simple a solution isn't it? Gotta get federal funding and generate even more useless govt employmant so those with low IQ can get good paying jobs.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #20
Viffer-dude
Founding Member

There's a simple solution: Enforce the existing laws. There are plenty of rules in place if the local constabulatory would crack down on the speeders, yahoos and squids, and leave everyone else alone. Make it known that you're being watched, and things will quiet down.

What's pi$$es me off is the trend toward "passive" enforcement systems, like photo radar that require no officer presence. Law enforcement has become a numbers game meant to enrich the coffers of city government, not to actually make the roads safer. If the local traffic cops would do their damn jobs of patroling the road instead of hiding behind a Del Taco waiting for someone to make an illegal u-turn, perhaps this crap wouldn't get out of hand. Instead of hiding, they need to be out in the open, amongst everyone, which will do more to slow down traffic than hiding behind a tree.
Viffer-dude is offline   Reply With Quote