Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-18-2005, 05:32 AM   #31
James_Brown
Registered Member

Default Re: Gonna Jump Far On My GSXR

While I confess to having little knowledge of the Constitution of Florida, (and goodness knows things could be pretty weird down there) I would have to guess that the Governor's signature is required for legislative actions to take affect. I also would guess that he has some level of veto authority. Now of course, the legislature there likely has the ability to compel his signature through an override, but the essential fact is that the Governor does have some role in the law-making (in this case, un-making) process.

I do recognize that the original post did seem to overstate the Governor's role and I am quite certain that you are aware of everything I have said, but if we're giving Civics lessons, I think the fine readers of MO deserve the nickel version instead of the penny one.
James_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-18-2005, 05:45 AM   #32
seruzawa
The Toad

Actually I think both lessons are more of the 2 cent variety.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:43 AM   #33
smithrob75
Founding Member

Sure that was a pretty stupid thing to do but the guy looked pretty young so hopefully he learned his lesson. Also at least he's having fun on a motorcycle, something I can't say for most of the "pole stuck up my ass" elitist crowd that hangs out around here.

Also as bad as it sounds he's a LOT smarter than the YMCA reject, wanna look like I'm badass, but I'm a middle aged overweight-Harley riding crowd. I notice that most those guys never wear a helmet, which is much much more stupid. On top of that they look like a clown and overpaid for their bike. All which could be forgiven save the fact they're in their 40's or 50's and should know better.

Makes me wonder why not much is said about that crown, oh that's right. They're probably most of the same people lurking around here talking about those "damn stupid kids"
Old 04-18-2005, 06:56 AM   #34
VR1000racer
Founding Member

I guess I now know why!

I always wondered why I keep getting stares when I wear my Arai Quatum and Vanson Sport rider gear when I am on my Tuohe 125cc Chinese scooter, riding to Bumbsteads for bike nite on Friday nights......

I personally find wheelies on my Buell my cup-o-tea!

I used to like burn-outs, but tires are too damned expensive, not to mention clutches.

As far as fun, I have noticed that dressing up in black leathers and a red bandanna seem to be the going rage this week. I even got a membership notice in the mail from the AMA that they are giving a patch and, get this, a bandanna with every new membership!

I do have to say that I don't get the whole black leather/red bandanna thing, and I have ridden a Harley, among the many bikes in my garage, for over 30 years now.

And, get this, I have 9 motorcycles, and NO bike trailer or truck! I have to ride them to get them somewhere! Imagine that! Although I must confess, I drive my Dodge Caravan in the winter, as I don't care for riding much below 50 degrees anymore.(Yes, I know who Widder is)

Oh well, guess I will ride the XN85 tommorow!

VR1000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #35
smithrob75
Founding Member

Oops, meant Village People. Not YMCA
Old 04-18-2005, 07:14 AM   #36
smithrob75
Founding Member

Old 04-18-2005, 07:27 AM   #37
smithrob75
Founding Member

30 years sounds like a pretty good run for a Harley guy. I'm 27, been riding 16 years and usually have 10-11 years on most the Harley guys I see.. As for having fun, perhaps the exception proves the rule here. I think I should do my own expose (sp) showing the clowns on HD riding around in all their poser glory, also there would be a special part on the video showing the guy with the most bad ass pose or the one who looks like he really needs to use the bathroom the most as theres really no difference.

Also was the first guy to flip a Dirt bike an idiot, a quad ?? There's a first for everything.
Old 04-18-2005, 08:25 AM   #38
hector
Founding Member

Default Damn, who pissed in your Wheaties this morning?

Lighten up.
hector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:29 AM   #39
christian_gates
Founding Member

Hey, together you guys add up to 4 cents. That's a nice compromise between a nickel and a penny.

And blaming J. Bush for someone riding w/o a helmet is absurd.

The government does not exist to mandate your safety - the slippery slope is from mandating helmets to outlawing bikes entirely. The latter actually makes more sense, as only a fraction of motorcycle crashes result in head injuries.

Ultimately, we're all responsible for our own safety - and I think that's just fine.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 08:34 AM   #40
Stonedog
Founding Member

Yep, that's exactly the type of thing I want my kids to try when they grow up! Who cares about popping monos down the interstate at 100 mph, ANYBODY can do that. Nope, jumping gixxers off of half-pipes is where it's at!

Now where are those surplus rockets I was gonna strap to my old Chevy...