Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 04-17-2005, 04:14 PM   #21
Pinkslip
Founding Member

Default Re: Gonna Jump Far On My GSXR

The worst part of this is that we all know he didn't truly learn from this. Somehow, his buddies will boost his ego talking about how he "totally almost stuck that landing" while he turns himself into a hero with his stories of how he got those surgical scars all over his leg stunnin.

If I were there, I would have been the a$$ egging him on to "do it again, but faster this time" while we all waited around for the ambulance.
Pinkslip is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2005, 04:30 PM   #22
seruzawa
The Toad

You can see him try to push himself out from under the Gixxer as he comes down inverted. If he hadn't had the presence of mind to do that he would most definitely be dead.
Old 04-17-2005, 08:53 PM   #23
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default Let's hear it for drunks and the asstronauts.

I sure hope that guy was drunk. I'd hate like hell to think anyone would do something like that sober.

With the new GIXXER's horsepower rating at somewhere in the high 170s, and weighing 366-lbs, you might be able to clear a small midwestern town, with half a cornfield to spare. Of course, after landing you might find yourself dying of suffocation, with your head up a cow's a$$. Still, except for some discomfort to the cow, that might not be a bad thing; ending up as compost would, after all, be a meaningful contribution to the planet.
Old 04-17-2005, 10:10 PM   #24
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Schadenfreude...

I'm feeling it.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 12:02 AM   #25
jungkvist
Founding Member

To quote my oldman...

"I don't give a good godamn in hell, who's idea it was...you're grounded!"
Old 04-18-2005, 02:50 AM   #26
HelterSkelter
Founding Member

Come on people, it's not the helmets. It's a legislation thing.

HelterSkelter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 03:22 AM   #27
VR1000racer
Founding Member

After recovering from laughing so hard I blew milk soaked Cinnamon Life cereal all over my keyboard, I realized that as soon as Einstein recovers from the fractures, (or more probably a few weeks before), they will be moving the dumpster full of foam back another 50 feet so that he can perfect his "technique" for his aerial activities.

I would say more power to the salvage yard donors, but who in the hell wants fur covered bodywork? What's up with the lepoardskin on the body? Does fake fur have some hidden protective properties that I am not aware of? Is fur covered motorcycles the NEXT BIG THING?

Are we soon going to be selling leathers for motorcycles Au natural? Is tanned and drum dyed leathers a thing of the past?

For the first time in my life, Black leathers with studs are looking pretty damned good! These guys are scary!

Worst part of all this is that this was not a spontanious demonstration of a momentary lapse of judgement, as 1, they had a cameraman present, and 2, they REPEATED the "stunt". ON PURPOSE!

If you ever wondered about the "I had to lay her down to keep from hittin' a car that pulled out in front of me" stories, they start with this crowd. After a few trips to the ER for deliberate stupidity, this guy will take up cage operating for the rest of his life, (however long/short it may be) and all that know him shall be forever damned to a life of stories of past glory/stupidity, unless Darwin has mercy on all of us.

By the way, that was pretty damned funny! Anyone know of any web sites for more stupid stuff involving motorcycles and stupid people? I am too damned scared to try stuff like that, but I will watch others do it for my entertainment! (No, I will not pay to watch it. It's not THAT funny.)
VR1000racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 04:59 AM   #28
seruzawa
The Toad

Someone has a very weird idea of how laws are changed in this country. Believe it or not, Governors can't repeal anything.

The secret of how laws are created or repealed is revealed in high school Civics classes. But first you have to stay awake. Admittedly this is a hard thing to do.

Old 04-18-2005, 05:02 AM   #29
seruzawa
The Toad

I don't know of any sites dedicated to stupid motorcycle people, but if you are interested in stupid car stuff there are a lot of sites. Just do a Google search with the string "NASCAR".
Old 04-18-2005, 05:11 AM   #30
seruzawa
The Toad

Usually one learns stunts by increasing velocity in an incremental fashion. I'd bet that on the first jump he let the throttle off slightly thus imparting a force that brought the front end into a downward rotation. On the second he kept the throttle on thus going into a reversed rotation.

He may have been able to achieve some very impressive jumps if he'd worked at it incrementally. And if he hadn't been one of the most gawdawfully rock stupid individuals on earth.