Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-20-2001, 09:01 AM   #41
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default Take a serious look at the new 1000 Gixxer!

Mind my opinion but I think you should have a loooong serious look at the all new GSXR 1000, this baby is a real monster like the hayabusa with greater manoevrability Would someone please talk this out with my insurance company please!
CyberJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-20-2001, 09:02 AM   #42
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default Thread above is for tony =)

Sorry about the confusion but do NOT buy a GSXR 1000 as a first motorcycle.
Old 01-20-2001, 09:21 AM   #43
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Help MO with our 600 Shootout!

I know MO has plenty of big-guy testers, because whenever I read a UJM review looking for how comfort is for a jockey-sized individual (5'6", 120 lbs) like myself, the reviewers are always giants.

Of course, they should still have Sugi Wong ride these to give a smaller-person perspective that I can read.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 09:32 AM   #44
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default 600's with real world ergonomics?

Think no longer the bike you are looking for is without a doubt the Yamaha YZF600R! And I am well informed to tell about it because I own one! I have also made two over 600 miles trips with it and never sufered any kind of pain in the wirst or shoulders. On the other hand I have also rode with friends that own other 600's (cbr600 f3 1998 and yamaha R6 not to mention them) and sometimes we had to stop at the side of the highway because my pal's shoulders were giving him a hard time whilst I was eager to continue.
Old 01-20-2001, 11:08 AM   #45
Smoker
Founding Member

There is no reason to really have any track time on these bikes. It seems just like an excuse for the staff of MO to have a field day and it does not help the readers who use the bikes exclusively for street use(95%). The report should definitely include such information about maintenance and general costs including estimated damage for a standing fall over. This is the important stuff for most riders, as well as interesting reading material on the bikes performance and production quality. Try to include the Triumph TT600, it's a 600(4) too and can be just as competetive as the rest. First to use FI!
Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 12:46 PM   #46
ZR-7
Founding Member

How about using the real ratio of 99:1 for street and track. If that's not good enough we can lower the track amount...

Philip

'00 ZR-7
ZR-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 02:24 PM   #47
jfair
Founding Member

Focus on the street because that is where most of us ride. That's where i want the bragging rights, not the track.
jfair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 02:30 PM   #48
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default MO testers are competent

It is you who should get professional riding techniques if you want to ride like a pro. Testing out a motorcycle is not only about track times it's about real peoples like you and me who will actually get to buy one of theese. The reviews are simply there for either leisure information or serious comparisons from a model to another.
Old 01-20-2001, 04:28 PM   #49
Lowrez
Founding Member

Default Amen to "real" riding.

I want to know how it handles on the street. Can it take broken pavement? How are 50 miles of superslab? Can I ride it for a day trip? How does it take to a set of saddle bags?

These are the questions I ask.
Lowrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 11:06 PM   #50
Hoppy
Founding Member

I think that your test should be split. One test for the street, one for the track, and then one with both. With a winner for each one. By doing it this way it's easier for someone to make a choice on what bike to go with, depending on what they are looking for. The best street bike, best track bike, or the best at both.
Hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote