Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-19-2001, 04:17 PM   #21
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: You

You call modern 600s "powerless?" GET A LIFE. These bikes have more juice than the openbikes of 15 years ago, and have a fraction of the weight.
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2001, 04:23 PM   #22
Skorpion23
Founding Member

Default Re: Help MO with our 600 Shootout!

I would like to see the greatest part of the testing performed on the street. In the real world, where top speed does not count. We all cannot be Nicky Hayden.
Skorpion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 04:25 PM   #23
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Maybe MO should use different bikes for the street test and the track test? GSXR, R6, 6R, 748, and F4i for the track, and TT600, CBR600F4i, YZF600R, ZX-6E, and maybe even a Katana 600 for the street/sport-tour test. Though the Katana would be in stiff competition...

Starving Student

But please don't let up on the standard/budget bikes/naked bike tests!
Old 01-19-2001, 05:03 PM   #24
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default Powerless explaination

When I say 600's are powerless compared to 1000's I mean it. Don't call me a squid about it because I know most 600's top out at an average of 260 km/h wich leaves some room for certain sporty four wheelers to catch up. Wilst on the other hand 1000cc's have formidably higher top speed making those king of the hill when you speak of raw power
CyberJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 05:07 PM   #25
blademan
Founding Member

THe street, definitely the street. Its where the bikes are used 90 % of the time. I am tired of the track daze reviews. You might get to a few track days if you are lucky a year. Damn near all of us ride our bike to commute, travel, haul ass, and have fun in general. This is done primarily on public roads so your tests should reflec this. Just my biased opinion.
blademan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 06:40 PM   #26
alfo
Founding Member

Only street and a 600E included? Come on, it's not fair...after 200 miles, all the test drivers will fight to get the 600E..

Even if it is not the most recent 600, The E should be included, the bike is still able to follow most of the newer model and as probably better manner than most of them if you take it for a long ride.

...And it is still on the Kawasaki model line for 2001
alfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 06:55 PM   #27
starvingstudent
Founding Member

Default Re: Powerless explaination

Just save up and buy a used MIG from Russia, if all you care about is top speed. Trust me--NO four wheeler will beat one of those.

I thought riding was more than about top speed? Maybe I just have no idea what I'm talking about and I need to start riding like a REAL MAN (TM).

starvingstudent
Old 01-19-2001, 07:57 PM   #28
chasj1
Founding Member

Default 600 Shootout!

Uhhh...just a little advice! I have been riding since age 14....trust me when I say that was quite a few years back! I used to sell bikes with Jamie Hacking, and have followed racing closely most of my life! There is no comparison between street and track! Even if the producers of popular selling 600 bikes lie and tell the naive public bikes are almost stock, we all should wake up and realize they are not! The Honda and Kawasaki are clearly designed to be street bikes with racing built into the design. Any tests, including comfort, build quality, and especially reliability, cost of ownership, insurance, and pricing make a huge different. And yes, I am to manly to ride a 600! I ride an R1, and once anyone goes to the torque, one never goes back baby!
chasj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 12:34 AM   #29
tar
Founding Member

I would say 50/50 street and track respectively. I also would like to see more videos of track tests, and quarter mile runs.
tar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 01:57 AM   #30
IceWorm
Registered Member

And when you are finished with with all this testing put the little suckers up for sale in your local classifieds and see which bikes sell the easiest. That is exactly what most 600 buyers will do anyway after they discover what they really wanted was a liter classer. Knowing which 600s sell best used could be some real helpful info to these people, or they could just take all that money they spent on the shiny new 600 and plop it down on a nice used R1 to start out with. Some might say that if you are starting out then a 600 is a better choice than a R1. I say if you are starting out a 600 is too much bike also. I bet a good half the used 600 for sale are owned by people who had em for less than a year and now want something faster.
IceWorm is offline   Reply With Quote