Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 01-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #11
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default YZF600r's are overlooked all the way!

YZF600r's are overlooked all the way , I have friends at the job who laught at my YZF! of course theese guys did wheelies all the way from home to school when they were only little kids you know. dude I tell you they don't know what they are missing. I just can't do otherwise but laught at them when we have to stop at the side of the highway because pal's shoulders hurt. Besides the fact 600r's are the little cousins of the r6 I think theese bikes rock hell when it comes to pull the gas and hear the lovely engine scream up the 13000 rpm's.
CyberJonesy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 01-19-2001, 02:49 PM   #12
klxcommuter
Founding Member

Default Re: Help MO with our 600 Shootout!

The post about a 300-400 mile ride is on the right track, but even 150-200mi would do the job. What is one of these like to ride for several hours? Include some time on the superslab & some on the backroads. It may not be exciting, but face it, most of us are going to have to ride some distance to a track/really great section of road, and the interstates will be involved. After an hour on the freeway, can you still walk, how is the pressure on the hands/forearms? etc.

Lets see how these bikes are to RIDE, not benchrace. Let's not have just another track shootout like all the other mags.
klxcommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 02:52 PM   #13
gt750
Registered Member

How about putting a 60/40 weight on road and track. Then split the road part into 3-20% parts for city, highway and real fast city/highway. It is always very good and very rare to see a person sitting on the bike in a normal cruising type position from the side to actually see what the riding position is like. Parts, maintanence, hop-up parts costs are also essential. Try and use some ingenuity to come up with relevant info. that is not published elsewhere. If you need help with this, I would help, if I knew my comments would actually be taken seriously.Lastly, a broad range of motorcycles would be good with the possibility of non-current price break potential included.This is where you could poll your readers.
gt750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 02:55 PM   #14
gt750
Registered Member

geez, it does not sound like you are a 20 year old kid who wants to make trouble and see which one is fastest on top. Good post!
gt750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 03:06 PM   #15
Shaft
Founding Member

You got it exactly right. Have 2 separate tests - one for the street and one for the track. Let us know how the bike will operate when we ride it on the street AND let us know how they run at the limit. I think that would make everyone happy and also be the first time I have EVER seen this done either in a magazine or online. Show your true intelligence and insight MO! This is the way to go!
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 03:08 PM   #16
Shaft
Founding Member

Perfect! Let's hope they do it!!
Shaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 03:40 PM   #17
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default You're the squid

That kind of behaving makes you more a "squid" then anybody else actually caring about you planning to buy whatever makes you feel the faster guy around town, there is one thing for sure it's not with a 600 you'll get this kind of performance. In my humble opinion 600's are insurance cheaper ,lighter (less chalenging) and powerless engined bikes for the road and biginners alike.
Old 01-19-2001, 03:46 PM   #18
floundericiousFL
Founding Member

Default Re: How to find the poll.....(read)

do it again...I've tried it three times now and it works....
floundericiousFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 04:10 PM   #19
CyberJonesy
Founding Member

Default My experience says YZF600R

I been riding motorcycles for a year now and I must definitely say that the YZF600R is undeniably the best bike you can get for starters. I have borowed an r6 and a cbr f3 from friends and the confidence of riding is difinitely the best on my trusty Yamaha. great brakes , awesome comfort and exhilirating engine performances (for a starter) is what you get.

Now, you cant compare power to a bigger 1000cc but when you'll be going 250km/h on a daily basis , maybe it 'll be the time to get ya one of those.
Old 01-19-2001, 04:12 PM   #20
starvingstudent
Founding Member

That's very convenient. That way the GSXR600 can win the track test and the YZF600R (if they allow it in) or the CBR600F4i (if the YZF is left out) can win the street one
starvingstudent is offline   Reply With Quote