Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-23-2005, 02:35 AM   #1
Orangetrak
Registered Member

Default Re: Motorcyclist Calls 911 and Is Told ''Too Bad''.

First post!

Maybe that's what he should hear the next time he calls for backup.
Orangetrak is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2005, 03:14 AM   #2
bigandblack
Registered Member

Maybe that's why everybody hates cops!
bigandblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:01 AM   #3
tumbler
Founding Member

How do some people sleep at night? I thought it was today's youth that is supposed to be getting desensitized...
tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:34 AM   #4
christian_gates
Founding Member

This guy should be immediately fired, publicly.

This amounts to dereliction of duty, and actually seems pretty similar to cases where sexual or racial harassment are demonstrated; it's pretty clear that this guy was part of a system that fostered indifference and negligence towards injured motorists.

While the proximal response time may not have been affected, I would imagine that a good attorney should be able to demonstrate that systemic response times are slow due to exactly this type of behavior.

I have enormous respect for police officers who enforce real laws - they have a dangerous, difficult and under-appreciated job. However traffic enforcement, due more to desire for revenue by states and municipalities, is something for which I have virtually no respect - dangerous behaviors are ignored, while harmless technical violations are aggressively addressed.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:37 AM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Why should anyone be upset about this? This cop's attitude is just the next logical step up from the attitude of the people who say that motorcyclists who don't wear helmets should be denied medical treatment at public expense. Riding motorcycles is inherently dangerous and therefore stupid, right? Why should the police be bothered with rendering assistance to people who are stupid enough to ride bikes at all? Think of all the govt money that could be saved for the more important things it has to do. Or maybe all those savings would immediately be returned to the taxpayers in the form of tax cuts, right?
Old 03-23-2005, 05:24 AM   #6
sarnali
Founding Member

Of course the money would be returned. They're so fiscally responsible they don't need all those taxes anyway. Actually this is a classic example of the end result of cutting taxes and services, not in this specific instance, this officer clearly has "issues" and need to take a little vacation. But as an overall example, get injured, call for assistance, get no answer. Or get insulted by some barely qualified minimum wage dweeb who got the job because no one else would take it.

Paying taxes to pay for vital services might not seem too bad when you're the one laying there.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:43 AM   #7
tomk2
Founding Member

Rather than just toss out a simple but incendiary "cops are ****heads" line I'll offer this...

Thinking back to high school and the people I knew who later became cops... pretty much all of 'em were school bullys and ****heads who went into law enforcement not to "protect and serve" but because they craved authority and had an almost homoerotic attraction towards uniforms and guns.

tomk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:08 AM   #8
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Its a shame that most of the cops I've known (outside of courts) fit the above mentioned bully/facination with guns and uniforms/need to feel in power/the laws don't apply to me attitude.

Of the few I know that are honest, hard working, doing it for the desire to help others, 2 quit because they didn't fit in to the "club", 1 is still persevering. He gets the crap night shifts, in crap areas. But I'll take him any day, if I need a cop (hes also retired special forces and one hell of a nice guy to know)

That being said, cops have a tough job and most probably develope a thick skin just to cope with the dailly B.S. This guy needs some serious help, he needs to re-think why hes on the job, and if helping people and enforcing the law is not the reason, then he need to quit before he kills someone. He can allways be a rent a cop, or prison guard.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:42 AM   #9
SRMark
Founding Member

I listended to the recording of that call this morning and was sickened. That ******* got a 15 day suspension and the union thinks that punishment is too severe. He should be the one face down in a ditch and have to rely on somoeone's good nature to help him out. If I found him, I might just stop and take a ***** on him. I've met some great cops in my life. The whole fraternity should turn its back on this jackass.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:23 AM   #10
ba6r0ty
Registered Member

I've never posted here but I just HAD to chime in!

After 10 years driving an ambulance in a VERY busy system-2 years as a volunteer firefighter-2 years as a part time police officer......Believe me-there is NO excuse for the attitude that this guy exhibited.

someone may say that "we are all human"-"maybe it was a bad day".....NO WAY!....if you "reach your limit for the day" and your attitude resorts to this behavior then punch out and go home... and when you get home, seriously sit down and THINK about whether you chose the wrong profession or not!

This guy makes me sick! Not because I ride-because I spent many years in the field and I expect more.

tony

(oh, I forgot-I was a part time 911 operator for awhile)
ba6r0ty is offline   Reply With Quote