Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-24-2005, 03:40 AM   #31
christian_gates
Founding Member

Default Re: Down with Blue

Don't rule out the proliferation of non-lethal weapons that nevertheless are both extremely painful and potentially quite damaging. Cops are much more likely to resort to "intermediate" force these days, to the detriment of often generally law-abiding citizenry engaged in nothing particularly criminal.

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2005, 04:34 AM   #32
kowalke67
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcyclist Calls 911 and Is Told ''Too Bad''.

You and Christian_Gates have it figured out.

Even though you got nothing from the barracks you are are doing the right thing (as I'm sure you know). They only way to bring attention to it is to speak up and speak to the right people. One voice won't be heard but many will. Or, more appropriately, one voice can be ignored by many can't.

One thing for certain, the Conn. State Police force and politicians are not reading this thread looking for criticism of their performance.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:19 AM   #33
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: LA Cops

You have the tenure of Bill Parker and his driver, Bill Gates to thank for that.

In a city that spaned 450 square miles, covered by just 650 police (in 1975) the LAPD had to wield street justice under the guise of "ultimate badass authority" to keep the peace.

Having grown up in the Rampart district, home of Dragnet and Adam 12, I've had my share of RGBs (real good beatings) at the hands of narcs, bike cops, black-and-whites, etc. Riding my motorcycles like a nut had nothing to do with it...

They reasoned that a good beating would impress a wayward lad more than jail time (this relayed to me by an ex-patrolman).

Now it seems they've dispensed with the beatings and just shoot you. Saves time I guess.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:54 AM   #34
mile_eater
Founding Member

Default Re: Down with Blue

dunno... seems to me they're still just as likely to shoot you for making eye contact with them.... or not making eye contact for that matter.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:06 AM   #35
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Default Re: LA Cops

And court cost!
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 09:37 AM   #36
kowalke67
Founding Member

I read about that in American Motorcyclist. That's some serious bs and people need to take a stand. Pretty soon all off-road riding will have to be done on private land and where it makes no more noise than a chipmunk fart.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:53 AM   #37
trumant
Founding Member

This is just the most recent incident of CT treating motorcyclists poorly. Check out my recent analysis of all of the ridiculous stuff that's been going in the state as the citizens do everything they can think of to keep the riders down.
Old 03-24-2005, 11:21 AM   #38
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

FYI: there seems to be an omission on your blog...
<blockquote>First it was , then a posse of uptight citizens from East Lyme, CT tried to stop the construction of a colossal MikeÂ’s Famous Harley Davidson dealership in their town, and now this.</blockquote>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 12:34 PM   #39
Buzglyd
Founding Member

Default The color is

Since we're all divided in this red/blue state thing it might be correct to point out that CT is blue....very,very blue.
Buzglyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:14 PM   #40
dabimf
Founding Member

Ya know its interesting reading all of these comments with regards to this incident. "Cops Suck" cops are "A holes" etc. There are, if I am correct, around 300K cops in this country. Like any other profession there are some bad eggs. But because of their position in the community they are expected to have a higher standard of conduct than the average Joe. So when one of the bad eggs screws up it gets noticed.

Now this officer lost 15 days pay. That's over a grand in pay for his off color remark. That's more of a money penalty than DUI offenders get who endenger lives not just sensibilities. Don't get me wrong what this officer did was wrong and he is getting punished for it. I am sure he will be getting some other "training" before this is over.

I know a lot of officers who ride motorcycles. I, in fact, am a retired Sergeant from a police department and have been riding motorcycles both for personal use and on the job. Of the officers I know none of them, whether they ride or not, would not do anything but their best to assist any injured person. Our department weeded out bad eggs when we had to as do most professional departments.

I encourage all to write to the appropriate people and express your concern. However, do it in a civil way. Try not to lower yourselves to the officers level by using the large "all cops suck" paint brush. Using the paint brush you only help to reinforce the idea of some of the anti-bike crowd that we " all suck".
dabimf is offline   Reply With Quote