Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-23-2005, 07:30 AM   #11
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Motorcyclist Calls 911 and Is Told ''Too Bad''.

You don't look like a young Micheal Douglas on steroids do you?

Just checking........
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-23-2005, 07:37 AM   #12
ba6r0ty
Registered Member

?
ba6r0ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:53 AM   #13
Steven_Verschoor
Registered Member

Welcome to the MOronic buletin board. I guess you haven't been lurking very long.</p>

For your information, Sarnali is joking with you. Here's a reference.</p>

Personally I don't see much humor in it, but that might just be me.
In any case, you have now been officially drafted into MO's storied and ongoing history </p>
Steven_Verschoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:57 AM   #14
ba6r0ty
Registered Member

ah-got ya!

tony

ba6r0ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:06 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

I think it depends on the local culture of the individual police force. Being raised in LA I got used to thinking that cops are mostly @ssholes. But since moving to Utah the few experiences I've had with the local police have been quite positive.

They like to call themselves "peace officers" rather than "law enforcement". A completely different attitude. Yeah there are the individual jerks, but nothing like in the metropolises. Everyone I've dealt with has been nothing but professional.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:18 AM   #16
nokneedragin
Founding Member

Consider yourself lucky. The last dealings with a police officer was to report an atempted break in. Non emergency call, at 11:00 at night. He was PO'd at me for disturbing him. I figured the police might like to know where some criminal activity is going on, you know to keep an eye out for guys trying to crowbar open a front door. Anyway I replaced the door the next day and will just send polite letters to them from now on.
nokneedragin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:29 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

I had an LAPD moment when I was living in Hollywood in 1980. I was outside working on my Bug when I heard a shot fired down the street and the bullet whizz by overhead. I called the LAPD to report it. They showed up and spent about 20 minutes grilling me, trying to find a reason to arrest me. For "being there", I guess. Rest assured that I've never willingly gotten involved with the LAPD in any fashion ever since.

Then there was the LAPD cycle cop who pulled me over because I was on a black motorcycle. A speeding black motorcycle had evaded capture by a patrol car several hours before so this psycho was stopping all black motorcycles..... in 1974!! 50% of motorcycles were black in 1974! He was so pissed that I wasn't the guy he was looking for that he warned me that if I "did it again" he would come to my house and arrest me. Then he drove away while yelling at me to "slow down". Talk about a looney toon with a gun!
Old 03-23-2005, 08:30 AM   #18
Pgbexr
Registered Member

I too, can support your memories based on my similar experience. I had an epiphany of sorts one day while in class for criminal justice studies. I was far more interested in investigative work and had little desire to "be a cop." After listening to a lecture, my ears were opened so to speak and I was able to really "hear" the responses from most of the other students. Bottomline: they just wanted to bust heads. From that very moment forward(at least 15 years ago)I ceased in further studies of criminal justice. Since that time I've been more keen to observe law enforcement persons and in my opinion most of them fit a mold or personality type. There have always been a few who were merciful and "let me go" from a minor infraction but all in all most cops are the same. My opinion.
Pgbexr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 08:33 AM   #19
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Steve, do you have EVERYTHING catalogued?? LOL
Old 03-23-2005, 08:55 AM   #20
anrajala
Founding Member

That´s complete bullshi*. Not everybody hates cops. My friend heard in a bar in Oslo about somebody´s cousin who didn´t. That was in the seventies though.

- cruiz-euro

anrajala is offline   Reply With Quote