Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 03-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #11
gbrummett
Founding Member

Default Won't happen in our life time!

This is not going to happen.

I have the Sci Fi channel for a reason and I pay money for this site for reason.

The two are usually seperate, but in this case aren't.
gbrummett is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2005, 05:06 PM   #12
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Default Re: Road rage, road kill, now road tax! Ugh! When will it all end?

Consider yourself MOTO...Master Of The Obvious!!
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 02:15 AM   #13
Chango
Founding Member

I like the way that charging more for driving during rush hour will make people stop driving during rush hour. Because, if they have to pay more, I guess everyone will start working third shift. Or something... Am I just missing the point of that bit? I always thought that the reason for the peaks in congestion were folks going to work or back home. Apparently, we can all just change our commuting habits and everything will be fine. Never mind that we would be getting to work three hours early...

Remember: It's always easier to do things the hard way. -- Chango
Old 03-06-2005, 06:35 AM   #14
giganto
Registered Member

Go ahead....(frowning smirk on leathery cowboy face with cheroot stuck in side).. tax our gallons. Just make everyone ride brand new supersports!!

Watch out for Granny&Gramps via Ohio in Tucson snowbird season pulling RIGHTOUTINFRONTOFYOU on dog-slow underpowered 2year-old 600cc machines.
giganto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:50 AM   #15
seruzawa
The Toad

That people, who can read and write, still don't get the fact that the Democrats are just as nasty and corrupt as the Republicans is equally sad.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:55 AM   #16
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Inconsistency alert.

Now now. According to you liberals the rich are supposed to subsidize the poor. Therefore you should be ecstatic that wealth is supposedly going from richer "blue states" going to poorer "red states".

Old 03-06-2005, 08:02 AM   #17
seruzawa
The Toad

I'm amazed at how many people are getting exercised over the pros and cons and various details of this proposed scheme.

This is simply another ploy to get more money. Once again the govt propagandists rely on basic greed to pit one group of citizens against the other so they won't see the true enemy.

Govt will expand and expand until it takes EVERYTHING and it will still complain that it's not nearly enough. When a supposed conservative like John McCain calls the Federal Budget "austere" it's not hard to see the writing on the wall. $2.5 Trillion per year dollars is poverty, folks!
Old 03-06-2005, 08:39 AM   #18
sarnali
Founding Member

Hell I wouldn't get out of bed for $2.5 trillion per year. How do you expect me to raise a family on that?
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 01:28 PM   #19
waepoint
Founding Member

Perhaps they hope it will increase demand for flex-time or distance working options. This certainly is already happening with lots of desk jockey jobs where broadband and a cell phone can essentially replace the office cube. But there's obviously a limit to how many 9-to-5 commuters can be taken off the road, and it seems like traffic hell is already enough of a disincentive to staying off the roads or altering your schedule if possible, so I can't say I get it either.
waepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:48 AM   #20
seruzawa
The Toad

The various govts rely on tobacco taxes so much that, no matter what they may publicly claim, they secretly hope that smokers never decrease in numbers. I don't think you'd like the huge property taxes they'd levy to make up the loss of tobacco revenues.