Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-05-2005, 08:45 AM   #61
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Default Re: What's that in the looking glass?

And since when did the schools stop teaching what ad hominem means? Isn't that still taught in Philosophy 101? Geez I'm getting old....
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #62
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Make that three.
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 05:27 PM   #63
cptaebphd
Founding Member

I find this pattern both fascinating and disturbing. Please, tell me the next number in this complex sequence!

BTW, are you working on your PhD while teaching? Looks like you're making a go of academia and you'll need it. It's funny, I got my BS and MS the same years you did. NASA paid for the PhD I earned 3 years later. Looks like you got some NASA largess, too.

Nevermind, based on past performance your next answer will surely be "make that four." *sigh*
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2005, 08:30 PM   #64
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Fortunately I am in a field where knowledge is mostly what everyone cares about. I have been getting along quite well for many years here and since I am not too far from retirement, have a fair number of pubs and an active speaking schedule, it's hard for me to see how I can't get along without another degree.

As for NASA "largess" they got the best return for their money in history of govt. grants for what they paid us to saw up and analyze an entire spacecraft.

The next number in the series is zero. I'll leave it up to you to interpret that.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:47 AM   #65
iamz
Founding Member

Default Re: Unjust Sentence?

I have to be honest here, I didn't fully register the part about driving into the bike lane. Driving around stopped traffic to run a light would be more than just a "lapse of judgement". Thanks for resisting the temptation to question the soundness of mind, but please feel free to question my reading comprehension.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 06:54 PM   #66
DaveFla
Founding Member

Default Re: Unjust Sentence?

LOL! That's the smartest comment on the Janklow case I've ever read.

DaveFla is offline   Reply With Quote