Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-03-2005, 08:11 AM   #41
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Default Re: Unjust Sentence?

You, my friend, are blessed with both candor and soul. I salute you.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2005, 08:24 AM   #42
seruzawa
The Toad

Imagine what would happen to the motorist if he had killed a US Swimmer.... er, I mean Senator.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:32 AM   #43
triumph900
Founding Member

Default I implore you...

...to please stop replying to this persons posts. If it's ignored.......
triumph900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #44
Grundoon
Registered Member

Default Re: Red State Response

AFAICT, you spout your ingnorance every time you set fingers to keyboard to post one of your missives. This latest piece of blather was:

"In the Red state of South Dakota, Janklow broke two laws (speeding and running a stop sign) but received a dramatically lighter punishment. I know if Janklow would of pulled the same crap in Blue Washington State the reaction from the legal system would be much different. So much for the term bleeding heart liberals in SD it was corrupt bleeding heart conservatives who let Janklow go...But still people (GPTB, Harlely brothers) go to Sturgis Go Figure..."

It's quite ignorant to think that a politician, being tried in his home state by a judge he appointed, would get the punishment he deserved just because it were in "Blue Washington State", or any blue state for that matter. Corruption is everywhere in government, even in the blue states.

And frankly, you seem to be the best on this board at slinging faeces at those you don't agree with. I've never seen you respond with actual argument, usually just name calling and ad hominem attacks.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #45
torrnado
Founding Member

sorry MOrons...i didn't mean to use murder; i meant to say:

<blockquote>The sentencing judge, Judge Trentacosta, apparently feels that gross vehicular manslaughter with no mitigating circumstances only qualifies for a mere two years in prison.</blockquote>
torrnado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 08:48 AM   #46
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

Default Re: Red State Response

I think you are wrong. I live in the so-called Blue State of Illinois, and the Dems run Chicago, and there is absolutely NO CORRUPTION here, my friend. Just TRY and find ONE THING the Dems of Chicago have dont that is the least bit shady or corrupt in the last 50 years. You can't find ONE! Boy, am I glad I live in a corrupt free area, courtesy of the local Democrats.
Old 02-03-2005, 09:26 AM   #47
SRMark
Founding Member

Unless I attend the trial, I find it difficult to have an opion on any published reports of a trial's outcome. Suffice it to say the situation sucks, one life is gone and the other is a mess. God help all of those unfortunate enough to be directy involved. And God help us who ride on public streets.
SRMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 09:37 AM   #48
sarnali
Founding Member

Default Re: Shocked...Shocked, I tell you...

By the sarcastic nature of your post I get the impression you think the dualy elected representitives of a progressive liberal left leaning state like Illinios are capable of the same underhanded shenanigans those knee-jerk neo-con right wingers are.

Well my friend, you're wrong. Just look at the honest and morally above board way the the State of Washington ran this last governors election. After counting the votes three times and "finding" another 3000 votes in the Peoples Republic of King County, the Dems won by a landslide 142 votes out of 2.9 million.

Many people were so enthusiastic they voted two or three times, and some had their recently deceased reletives vote because "they knew he/she would have wanted it that way."...

All for the sake of Liberty and Justice. Just be glad you live in a blue state instead of one of those coniving red states.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:25 AM   #49
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default I hear ya! And, I don't blame ya! However...

Hey, I get PI$$ED, too! And, in many instances, I might agree with you. Sometimes (as in Janklows case) it is consistent arrogance, multiplied by numerous-instances of criminal-disregard of common-decency and the law. However, justice should be tempered with mercy, and each case by-law is viewed differently; with precedence, however, being a guiding factor.

I donÂ’t know either of these men, thier lives, or their families. But, I do know that the Law is a "Blunt Instrument" and should be wielded only-after the consideration of many factors: circumstance, context, motive, intent and consequence, being-an important few.

As for an apology, if ever I stood-in-apology before the family of a man IÂ’d killed (accidentally, or otherwise) my remorse would be so great, IÂ’d be hard-pressed not to take my own life...afterwardÂ…at my first opportunity.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:04 PM   #50
sportbike_pilot
Founding Member

Hey Bobby - good to see that you are still with us.

Man there are some hard MOFO's here eh?

My view is that human existence, viewed on any large scale, is already filled with sufficient misery that I do not need to add to it in the least bit. For most of the world life sucks most of the time. Then in the end you get dead. Doesn't matter if you are Mother Teresa or Osama Bin Laden you end up pretty much the same way. If you are lucky enough to have carved out a good life for yourself and your family, as most of use here are, you ought never stop thanking your lucky stars. So I am just glad to be here, glad to have what I have, and have absolutely no desire to hurt anyone, ever, under any circumstances. I don't want to fight, wage wars, or seek revenge. If someone hurt my son I'm sure that I'd be consumed with enough rage to want to kill them but I would hope that my friends would circle the wagons and help me get through it.

Almost everytime I get on my motorcycle I break laws. I think I am very much above average on both the social responsibility scale and ride safely scale, but I wheelie and ride at a brisk clip some of the time and even though I am very careful about it it's legally wrong. Almost everyone who rides a motorcycle that can get out of it's own way (this does not apply to COG members) is recalcitrant the same way. So the last thing I'm ever going to do is wag my finger at anyone else for common traffic misdeeds. I could care less what the people sceaming for blood here want. If they want to pull the lever on the gallows door the job is all theirs.

I have had the misfortune to hold not one but two strangers in my arms as they drew their last breath and I didn't much like it either time. Since I know we are all heading there it's hard for me to muster up a lot of genuine dislike for anyone. So yeah - I do feel sorry for EVERYONE involved in this sad little drama, unapologetically. And anyone who doesn't like that can perch on it.

-sbp
sportbike_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote