Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-03-2005, 03:08 AM   #21
ducatirdr
Founding Member

Default Re: Unjust Sentence?

Moral to this story:

KEEP YOUR EYES OPEN FOR IDIOTS

This story is painful to all of us riders that believe it won't happen to us. As careful riders we believe we can minimize risk so our hobby will bring us joy, not the sorrow found in this story. But when you hear about a story like this and the Janklow case you realize that no matter how cautious or in control, you can get wiped off the planet in a second by the stupidity of some morron that thinks they are god and rules don't apply to them.

Stories like this really suck.

ducatirdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2005, 03:11 AM   #22
sanitar
Founding Member

I would like to invite anyone who has never run a red light to raise a hand. As GEICO commercial says, we've all done stupid things. Can anyone remember that time some idiot stepped right in front of your car when you were just pulling from the stop sign? You were lucky that time, eh? So, let's not throw stones so easily... As far as not calling the family to apologize - I just tried to imagine myself having to make such a call, and I don't know if I would have the strength.
sanitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:37 AM   #23
jungkvist
Founding Member

Default More, but different...

You, too, are also right, tomhorn. lawyers are a compounding-part of the problem. But, while we assert blame to as-many "normal" factors, as can be found, Life goes on and Living continues to be quixotically problematic, for us all.

Murphy's Law and Existential Thought: State: Sh!t Happens!

We may think that there should be (due to our beliefs): A pot-of-gold at the end of the rainbow... A chicken in every pot...And, a big-t!tted-girl for every good boy. And, while that may very-well happen to a lucky-few: Still: Pianos fall-down steps... Children are born with deformaties... Ws get elected...And (as stated before) Sh!t Happens!

And, we're all left scrambling for whatever there is to make sense of it, from whatever point--of-view we have at our disposal, and-somtimes we'll damn-well blame whatever we can, to keep ourselves from GOING NUTS! In other words...

Life's a *****, and we all do whatever we can to deal with IT, because our egos will crumble if we ever remove the veil from our eyes, and see the TRUTH of our Existence!

Me: I HATE LIVER!
Old 02-03-2005, 04:00 AM   #24
sarnali
Founding Member

God damn right, All the "terrible accident" and we've all done it" s**t goes out the window when someone dies over it. I don't run red lights, blow stops signs or drive down the bicycle lane because I'm a responsible adult and I know that stupidity kills people.

So this guy will have to wake up to guilt every day of his life eh? He'll get over it in a few years. Mr. Sanchez's kids will have to spend the rest of their lives with out a father because this stupid ******* didn't want to be late for work.

If six years is the maximum sentence then give him six years, it won't raise the dead, but it shows that society values Mr. Sanchezs life and respects the families loss and it'll keep one more dumb***** from hurting everyone else.

I consider myself to be pretty far left, but when it comes to criminals and criminal stupidity I have no sympathy whatsoever lock 'em up or hang 'em, one or the other.
sarnali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:27 AM   #25
iamz
Founding Member

Wow. Mr. cptaebphd, you are the first perfect driver that I've ever had the honor to meet. You should feel very proud of your untarnished driving history.

I assume you always stay under the speed limit. Right? Always?

'Cause if you have ever caught yourself accidentally driving 35 in a 30 mph zone, than you've had one of those lapses we're talking about. But that's never happened to you of course. You're perfect.
iamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 04:32 AM   #26
longride
Super Duper Mod Man

He promised to leave, lied about that, and then he said:

"I sincerely apologize for my antics her at MO. It is readily apparent that the majority of MO readers do not appreciate my megalomaniac WWF MO persona. Like the husband that is the last to know his wife is having an affair, I did not understand the detrimental effect of my actions on MOÂ’s Reader Feedback. I apologize and I will stop immediately. No more "For Dummies" posts it creates a hostile environment for others. Longride is right I have done behavior that would of gotten me kicked off other sites. No more political posts. I plan to heed the advice to lurk and learn. In general, I will not post on Reader Feedback unless I have a question. In that case, I will post in a polite and respectful manner.

I learn a lot from the GPTB. I want to directly apologize to sportbike_pilot for being a jerk. I have the highest respect his intelligence, accomplishments and abilities. His explanation of how a motorcycle turns was great and I admire and appreciate his articles.

Lastly Sean I apologize for letting this get this far. "

"I thought the poll was good way for people to vent what they didn't like about what I was doing. So I will eliminate the off topic, political, and for dummies posts. I will also spend more time lurking and learning."

"I will eliminate the off topic, political, and for dummies posts. I will also spend more time lurking and learning."

"Thanks for the feedback. I agree I have been very annoying and I am trying to clean up my act by carefully posting "value added questions" ."

Keeping his word again, isn't he?

How's he doing so far with his "value added questions"???? LOL
Old 02-03-2005, 05:08 AM   #29
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

If you ride on the street for any extended period of time, it's bound to happen.

In my case, it was a '68 Buick Electra 225 that centerpunched me one block away from the house. I was tooling along, and WHAM, woke up later in the hospital with some doctor scrubbing asphalt out of my face. At least I woke up.

Stories like this do indeed suck.
Old 02-03-2005, 05:32 AM   #30
KillerKowalski
Founding Member

Cause if you have ever caught yourself accidentally driving 35 in a 30 mph zone, than you've had one of those lapses we're talking about. But that's never happened to you of course. You're perfect.

There's a difference between speeding by 5 mph and blowing a light. Coincidentally, there's a big ***** difference between adhering to the letter of the law and endangering people's lives.
KillerKowalski is offline   Reply With Quote