Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 02-02-2005, 06:36 PM   #11
Nplateau
Founding Member

Default Re: Unjust Sentence?

Excellent perspective, Professor. Something to chew on.

RIP Randy.
Nplateau is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2005, 06:58 PM   #12
obandoj
Founding Member

At least he got more time in jail than Janklow!

obandoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #13
KillerKowalski
Founding Member

So, wreckless disregard for human life isn't criminal? If not, may I—

Run red lights when I'm late for work?

Shoot my gun off on the 4th of July?

Throw beer bottles out on the street?

Yell "FIRE!" in a crowded theater?

assume it was a rider who did the same thing and hit a car and the driver of the car died. do you really think the rider should be criminally prosecuted?

Um...Yes. Yes I do.
KillerKowalski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:02 AM   #14
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Mr. Johnson is a self-absorbed ******* who, despite the lessons of age and experience, decided that his trivial little job was infinitely more important than anyone else on the road.

His negligent, egocentric actions have consequences. Throw the book at the bastard. I feel no pity.

If you feel some bit of "there but for the grace of God go I" that is clearly clouding your judgement, then change your ways while you still can. Or kill some car driver and join Mr. Johnson in jail with a jar of super lube.

cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 02:16 AM   #15
cptaebphd
Founding Member

Someone please get a mop, there's a bleeding heart making a mess all over the forum.

Quit making excuses for the bastard. He is old enough to understand the potential consequences of his actions. Or are you saying that Mr. Johnson is retarded?

If you are regularly doing things that are "really stupid" on the street then consider Mr. Johnson to be your wakeup call to join the world of responsible adults. And please don't delude yourself into thinking that everyone is behaving as you are (i.e., regular lapses in judgement).
cptaebphd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:18 AM   #16
jungkvist
Founding Member

Let's say, you get up in the morning, after a prvious week of dealing-with numerous haried-responibilites due to family, friends and work, and your sleep has been of little quality and less duration.

After two cups of coffee, kids raising Hell, your wife PMSing, one donut and-maybe a couple disqueiting phone-calls (about where-when-how and how-quickly things are needed from you) you find yourself in your car.

Now, while no one-thing of epic-proportions has happened that morning, your're late and about three-minutes shy of putting a gun to your head.

You see an opening in traffic, you decide "What the Hell!" you take a (what for you is uncharateristic) chance, and horror results, as an unseen-motorcyclist crosses your path, and you hit and kill him.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Kill the Bastard! But first, couldn't we all be charged, with stupid, harried impatient-contempt?

So, as for me, I offer my sympathy to the family; but I (a sinner) won't throw the first stone. Call me a Liberal-Pu$$y, if you like; but I, however, own a mirror, and know that I've done worse.

Old 02-03-2005, 03:56 AM   #18
clively
Founding Member

The "Silent Lurker" strikes again, but I need not say anything further since his own spouted ignorance says everything for me.

Although I am usually one of the first to yell "Off with their heads" when something like this happens, I appreciate bits of insight like that of junkvist & SBP. My prayers are with the victim and his loved ones.
clively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:56 AM   #19
christian_gates
Founding Member

I've never run a red light. I ignore the "qualitative" traffic regulations with great regularity (speed, following distance etc.) but traffic control signals I take very seriously (stop, yield etc.).

It's easy to get confused because of the focus on speed and aggressive driving - but neither of these behaviors is inherently dangerous. Ignoring accepted traffic control measures, though, including stop signs and traffic lights, is incredibly dangerous and incredibly stupid during normal drive times (late nights, no traffic, clear views for miles - different story).

cdg
christian_gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 03:58 AM   #20
stoney8888
Founding Member

O.J. Simpson gave us a great perspective on the court system of today. Your sentencing matches your pocket book not your crime. This guy could afford about a two year lawyer, Janklow obviously afforded a better one.

r.i.p. Mr. Sanchez
stoney8888 is offline   Reply With Quote