Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 12-28-2004, 11:56 AM   #41
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Man Sentenced In Motorcyclists' Deaths

Just poking fun at those that failed to comprehend your earlier post. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 12-28-2004, 01:07 PM   #42
jungkvist
Founding Member

Bottom Line: Natural Selection...

If you give an idiot a badge and a gun...

You have and idiot with a badge and a gun.

Old 12-28-2004, 01:43 PM   #43
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

No it was just a "free" accessory that was included with every Victor purchase. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 04:06 PM   #44
pdad13
Founding Member

I'm with you, Paul

-Paul from New York
pdad13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:23 PM   #45
fastoldman
Founding Member

re read seruzawa's post - he started off topic. I only respond politically to idiots.
fastoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:44 PM   #46
fastoldman
Founding Member

You're going to have to start making some sense, friend.

I am saying the neo-cons in charge are absolutely destroying our country. To claim that the left wing, or if I understand you, the liberal end of the political spectrum, is as bad is preposterous.

I only bring up the war issue because the GOP is supposedly the national defense party but they are clearly effing up in Iraq. And I'm not sure about your placing quotes around the word credit - I don't recall using that word or claiming any credit for social programs. That just seems to be the thing the evil liberals constantly get assaulted with - You wasted my money! You wasted my money! That and You're responsible for all social decay! You're responsible for all social decay!

How about the social decay that stems from sending our youth to die in a stupid, ill-conceived, poorly run, unnecessary war?

You must have decided to randomly attack me because you can't actually back up your sad preacher story.

I suppose I'd have understood your bizarre post if I had a gray pony tail, eh?
Old 12-28-2004, 08:01 PM   #47
fastoldman
Founding Member

Default Malthus? Malthus?

"Much to be proud of. Malthus would be impressed I bet."

That must have been an incredibly poorly thought-out putdown, I'm thinking. Or maybe not. It truly is a strange line. I can see no way it refers to my post, or even to your original post. I'm guessing you don't think Malthus was wrong and so are looping my poor logic in with his. No, it must be that you think I am an example of his natural selection argument. Possibly it's just a line you lean on when you need to feel smart and want to put someone else down.

Unfortunately, I am so the wrong example of that putdown it's laughable, in so many ways you will never comprehend. Mayhaps you should never have strayed from thinking about bikes to thinking about our society. Maybe you shouldn't have turned on this "comedy channel", whatever that is.
Old 12-29-2004, 07:53 AM   #48
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Guilty of what?

I know plenty of people that have run from the police for traffic infractions that ultimately hurt no one but carried costly consequences nonetheless, in terms of fines and insurance hikes. As long as we have a complex code of law regulating every tiny detail of our lives, and empower law-enforcement police officers to 'police' our conduct and, at the very least, make our lives much more difficult and costly, there will be reason to avoid police attention and custody. After the last useless ticket I got, and the behavior of the officer writing it, I have decided that next time I am not waiting around to hear what the jackboot has to say about my conduct (at least while I'm on the R1.)
Abe_Froman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 08:02 AM   #49
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

Reminds me of the line from Godfather where Michael comes back from Italy and sees Kay......

Michael: I'm working for my father now. He's been sick, very sick.

Kay: But you're not like him, Michael. I thought you weren't going to become a man like your father. That's what you told me.

Michael: My father's no different than any other powerful man (Kay laughs), any man who's responsible for other people. Like a senator or a president.

Kay: You know how naive you sound?

Michael: Why?

Kay: Senators and presidents don't have men killed.

Michael: Oh, who's being naive, Kay?
Old 12-29-2004, 08:10 AM   #50
Abe_Froman
Founding Member

The term "legal" depends on just how far you want to rely on founding principles. According to the Founders we have a government "by the consent of the governed" and at any time have the right to withdraw our consent to any or all parts of said government. They didn't say anything about needing a numerical majority either. The public has been inured to excessive law enforcement and won't support radical reform. For those that refuse to give up their liberty willingly we'll just have to take our chances in the somewhat more sympathetic courts if we get caught doing something that shouldn't be illegal.

The American Revolution wasn't "legal". Hence the reason it was an armed "revolution".