Go Back   Motorcycle Forum > Motorcycle.Com General Discussion > Motorcycle News > Old News > MO vs. World

Old 10-07-2004, 11:21 AM   #1
allthatwanders
Founding Member

Default Re: Chicago Alderman Proposes Manditory Helmet Law

Hm...several statistics about X many people dying from motorcycle accidents and Y many dying without helmets. These are useless if you don't say Z would have lived with a helmet on. I mean....if all of them had their lower bodies ripped off...Would we require that everyone wear full leathers around town? It's true, I don't really want my taxes going to stupid people, but I don't really want to pay cops to patrol helmetless rollerbladers either.
allthatwanders is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links Remove Advertisements
Motorcycle Forum
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2004, 11:28 AM   #2
roja_dude
Founding Member

Default Re: Chicago Alderman Proposes Manditory Helmet Law

Uh, it's "mandatory."
roja_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:54 AM   #3
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Oh great.....

....another helmet thread. Looks like longride is going to have to buy one of those chrome nazi beanies.

By the way, anything you might do that might possibly cause me to have to pay taxes that might possibly go to pay for your injuries is grounds for govt regulation, right? Get ready to stay in bed all day. No wait, then you might get bedsores.

The govt should ban "Baywatch"or anything starring Catherine Zeta Jones. I don't want to possibly have to cover the costs of treating people's hairy palms.

I know the solution. The govt should provide me with Catherine Zeta Jones. That way I'll be willing to stay in bed all day. If Catherine is not available then Kelly Brook or Elisha Cuthbert will do in a pinch. (ba da boom)
Old 10-07-2004, 12:29 PM   #4
wrecks
Founding Member

Default Re: Oh great.....

Elisha Cuthbert could be your grand daughter
wrecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 12:53 PM   #5
seruzawa
The Toad

Default Re: Oh great.....

What's good enough for certain presidents.....
Old 10-07-2004, 01:41 PM   #8
BMW4VWW
Founding Member

Default Re: Chicago Alderman Proposes Mandatory Helmet Law

Wouldn't it be nice if we passed a law requiring that all politicians, proposing government mandated coddling of ordinary citizens, to have one of those sweaty thongs worn by sumo wrestlers shoved down their throats. VWW
BMW4VWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 01:51 PM   #9
mscuddy
MODERATOR X

Default Re: P.S. (The Great Motorcycle Prophet does it again)

Gee, back in the 70's, when there weren't so many aholes around, wearing a helmet while riding a motorcycle (or stopping for the police) was optional.

Then the MSBs (morally superior beings) like yourself had to ruin everything. If I don't want to strap on a pot just to run down to the liquor store for some Chesterfields, it's my business, not yours.

Doing a helmet less 100 mph wheelie is another thing entirely. But you knew that, didn't you?

Old 10-07-2004, 01:56 PM   #10
jkofsky
Founding Member

Default Re: Chicago Alderman Proposes Mandatory Helmet Law

Here we go again. How about if MO just prints a "best-of" from the previous endless drivel on this subject.
jkofsky is offline   Reply With Quote